Fixture with dynamic Channel Assignment

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
chk

I've build my own ArpNet controlled LightEffect device and are now trying to build a suitable Fixture in QLC.

The first three DMX channel are fix for each mode (Intensity, Speed and ModeSelect). With the ModeSelect Channel you can select 12 different modes of the device. The meaning/functionality of the DMX channels starting from 4 are changing depending on the selected mode. (That allows you to use always the first sliders for device control.)

In the Fixture Definition Editor i have added all defined Channels and generated 12-Modes with a corresponding Channel mapping, so far so good...

Problem:
If i add the fixture in QLC to the Universe i have to select one mode out of the 12. The channel assignment is now done for this mode and if i later change the mode (using the ModeSelect channel) the channel assignment is not adapted to the new mode. (Still showing the channels for the initial mode and therefore confusing...)

How can i solve this? How can i dynamically assign channels/heads depending on the ModeSelect channel?

(Sorry if this is a trivial question, i am a QLC beginner)
siegmund

chk wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:07 am How can i solve this? How can i dynamically assign channels/heads depending on the ModeSelect channel?
This has been discussed several times with the conclusion that this will not be possible with QLC+ 4. Maybe not even in version 5.