MIDI Triggers Not Working

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
GGGss

so we have established 'some' midi coming in right?
next test: can you assign a midi-command to a VC knob through auto-detect? (not selecting it through the profile you made)
next test: 'destroy' your input-profile so QLC doesn't know about it. (delete the profile in your project, save & restart QLC & load project)
.. is midi coming in? Universe checking joystick wiggling
.. can you assign midi to a VC knob through auto-detect?
if the last one is YES and it still doesn't work going 'live' then I'm also out of ideas... it must be something internal then. (Maybe QLC cannot open midi-interface going live)

Suc6
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
tbutler

Is there any way to get a debug log from QLC+ so I could see where the point of failure is? Thanks!
siegmund

tbutler wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:04 pm Is there any way to get a debug log from QLC+ so I could see where the point of failure is? Thanks!
Try the -d command line option
tbutler

Interesting -- if I start with a new project, and remove the profile as you suggested, I can move the virtual knob with the MIDI control. Could it be my project is just corrupted? Thanks so much for your help!

UPDATE: With the profile deleted, it works with my other project too -- it just lacks all the nice labels I had put into the profile. Is the existence of a profile the problem, do you think? Or was it just a corrupt profile?
siegmund

tbutler wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:00 pm UPDATE: With the profile deleted, it works with my other project too -- it just lacks all the nice labels I had put into the profile. Is the existence of a profile the problem, do you think? Or was it just a corrupt profile?
You could sort that out by creating a new profile and see if it works then. If yes, it was a corrupted profile, if not then there maybe is a bug somewhere..