Midi Output

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
George

Does anyone know how to use midi output to output a midi note, because I basically want to use it as a sequencer so that my lighting desk scenes will get trigger by a midi note sent from QLC, is this possible, if so could you show me how to output a midi note?
GGGss

Construct a custom made feedback profile?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
donert

I was able to do this.
1. Create a new Universe which has my desired midi device as an output ( on Input/Output tab)
2. Create a new fixture (Fixture Tab) - I used Model of Generic (search for generic) - call it "Midi 0" and give it address "1'
3. Create a scene, say "midi 0", add the fixture to it and set it's level to 255
4. Create a button on the virtual Console and link it to the scene.

Now in operate mode, when you click the button it will send a message out to the midi device with level of 127.

On Macos/OSX I use the freeware "Midipipe" to play around with this. It can easily show you the messages received . Note that the midi channel is one less than the "DMX' channel and the midi level is half of the DMX level.

I have noticed that this configuration appear to generate a random message when I exit 'operate' mode. Even when the button is off. I haven't figured out the reason for this extra message or how to control it.