Audio Trigger to fire entire function

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
BStep

Hello, I'm new to QLC+ and DMX lighting in general - very cool & intuitive software!

What I'm trying to accomplish is a gentle pulse of light on every beat detected by an audio trigger. I have an audio trigger firing a chaser that sets the brightness of my fixture, fading it in 150ms, holding 10ms, and fading out 150ms. This kinda works, but the fade in/out never completely runs because the volume dips below the disable threshold too quickly. So the fade-in starts, and then the volume drops below the threshold, and the chaser is abruptly stopped.

Is there a way to ensure the entire chaser runs every time the volume trigger input hits a certain threshold?

On another note, is there a way to increase the volume input gain in QLC? I pound on my mic (a professional condenser with gain turned up to the max on my audio interface) and it's barely getting above 20% input. I'm in Windows right now, but plan on doing shows in Mac. Haven't loaded the software in Mac yet though.

Thanks for any guidance.
BStep

For anyone who finds this, I ended up buying Waveclock to detect tempo from an audio signal and send midi into QLC+, and then using Speed Dials to set the timing on chasers that control the pulsing.
arretx

How did you construct a basic pulse?

I have a scene with all of my pars at 100% blue. I'd like to see them fire at 100% then fade out to black over a 1 second interval, then repeat.