Manually set multiple sliders to some value (or zero)

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
xhpohanka

Hi,
I have multipage frame, each page with 8 sliders controlled by korg nanokontrol2. These sliders control levels of 24 dimmers. Is there a way how to set all values to zero (or even to a specific value) without touching the nanokontrol2? For example a button named "Reset all sliders"

I would like to use it in theatrical workflow
* set values for scene 1
* dump values to function
* start setting scene2 from dark

thanks
Jan
siegmund

Hey Jan,

short (simple) answer: No this is not possible.
If you don't fear to get complicated: yes it might be possible. You could use the loopback plugin to set the external input to a certain value. If you still want to use the nanokontrol you then would need multiple inputs per widget - this again is possible with the loopback plugin. I didn't try it myself, but it could work... You should find related threads on the two topics in the forum. For further questions, just ask.

Regards,
siegmund
xhpohanka

Hi Siegmund,
thank you for answer. I was expecting that loopback might be the way.
In fact I'm still looking if this is possible to use qlcplus for theatre lighting (in way that we are used to) - we have relatively big number of convetional lights (just dimmers from the qlc point of view) that we need to control separately. E.g. 32 spots and each of them can have slightly different value. There is no problem with playback. Virtual console is great tool and cues/scenes can be easilly mapped to physical faders.
But preparing/programming scenes takes a lot of time so I'm looking for a way how to do that with help of nanokontrol and using mouse as less as possible...

I got an idea now - if the nanokontrol could be assigned to simple desk for programming phase and then to virtual console for playback...

regards
Jan
maximortal

you can use a regular desk (smartfade and so on) as input for simple desk, then grab DMX status as a scene an then stack scenes into a chaser. then unplug smartfade and forget it. This is the workflow that i use in my venue.
xhpohanka

maximortal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:06 pm you can use a regular desk (smartfade and so on) as input for simple desk, then grab DMX status as a scene an then stack scenes into a chaser. then unplug smartfade and forget it. This is the workflow that i use in my venue.
That's almost exactly what I want. I just like to get rid of smartfade in this case. Actually I'd like to use qlcplus as a backup and for touring. Can I control simple desk with midi device?
siegmund

xhpohanka wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:13 pm Can I control simple desk with midi device?
No this is not supported at the moment.
maximortal

to do what you want is simple and you have many option:
the first one that come in my mind is
- set as input device for you universe your DMX in
- create a brand new profile for this input (follow documentation to learn how)
- create xx number of generic dimmer as you need
- in virtual console create xx number of sliders and asign each virtual slider to phisical one in you console
- create dmx status as you need
- grab it inside the simple desk tab (as you know changing inside virtual console are reflected in simple desk)
- enjoy