ERROR: Adress already used!

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
tricot

Hi!
I set my fixtures and then it gives me error because I agree some adress. As I can do to be able to assign the numbers without matching and tell me that adress is already in use.

Thanks and regards
janosvitok

Fixtures must not overlap. So if one fixture is channels 15-21, you can't use those channels for another fixture.
You must put your fixture on a free address (e.g. 22).

BUT: it is possible that there is a problem in QLC+. If you are sure that your fixtures do not overlap, please
let us know how to reproduce the problem so we can fix it in the next release. Please add:

- your qxw file,
- all qxf files that you created and are needed to open qxw,
- detailed step by step process how to reproduce the error ("open the qxw, go to fixtures, click "add", etc.)

Thanks.

Jano
tricot

Hi Janus, how are you?

I understand what your saying to me.
My situation is the following: I have all the fixtures created, but I still do not know your address. Then I need to be able to address them without giving me error. You understand?
siegmund

tricot wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:00 pm My situation is the following: I have all the fixtures created, but I still do not know your address. Then I need to be able to address them without giving me error. You understand?
Let's clear if I got you right: You simply added the fixtures in QLC+ (most probably every address after each other), then set up your physical lights and addressed them (different to "default" addressing in QLC+). Now you want to adjust the addresses in QLC+ to the real ones.
If this is the case, you could simply use the fixture remap tool.