Operating Synchronized Lighting

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
midebevec

I don't know how odd of a question this is or if it is completely doable but coming from a theatre background, a DMX interface I believe is best suited to my use case. Each year my family creates elaborate Christmas light displays. This year I want to run them with music. The plan is to attach normal christmas lights to edison plug dimmers like the CHAUVET DJ DMX-4LED 4-Channel Dimmer Pack and create timed cues to have the individual channel zones be either on or off. So I wanna create a scenario where with one button press the song begins and the cues begin. These cues are gonna be synced to the music by adjusting the wait time to advance to the next one. What is the best way to create these cues, and the best way to activate it and the music at the same time. *If possible I would also like to be able to cue up multiple individually created songs with delays in between them. It would be nice to know if I'm somewhere in the ballpark of the capabilities of this software.
GGGss

Welcome to the board...

and yes yes yes yes yes yes it's all doable with QLC+
Invest some time exploring the capabilities and possibilities by learning QLC+.
Start small scale and have things build step by step.

Have a look at the instruction video's from Massimo. You'll discover a new world in respect to your theatre background.

Have fun doing so ;-)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
dave99gst

DMX & Christmas lights have been hand and hand for a looooong time.

be sure you poke around on
http://www.planetchristmas.com/index.ph ... -lighting/
http://www.planetchristmas.com/index.php

for more ideas / info