Help with RGBMatrix parameters of type integer and string

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Tubby

Hi All,

I hope this is an easy one but I just can't get it to work at the moment. I'm trying to create an RGB matrix script that has a string as a parameter, but I can't get it to work. I thought the properties string would be something like:

Code: Select all

algo.properties.push("name:myString|type:string|display:myString|write:setmyStr|read:getmyStr");
The above doesn't produce a property in QLC, but shows up in the devtool. I also tried the below properties stings but was unsuccessful as well.

Code: Select all

algo.properties.push("name:myString|type:string|display:myString|write:setmyStr|read:getmyStr");  //leave out values: pair as it does not apply to strings
    algo.properties.push("name:myString|type:string|display:myString||write:setmyStr|read:getmyStr");  //empty space for vales as it does not apply to strings.
    algo.properties.push("name:myString|type:string|display:myString|values:|write:setmyStr|read:getmyStr"); //add a blank values:
    algo.properties.push("name:myString|type:string|display:myString|values: |write:setmyStr|read:getmyStr"); //add a values:[space]
    algo.properties.push("name:myString|type:string|display:myString|values:6|write:setmyStr|read:getmyStr"); //maybe values is a length? values:6
I have attached my sample script, which tests out all 4 type's (according to http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/rgbscriptapi.html). In the script the lists and ranges produced properties, but integers and strings don't.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Attachments
PropertiesIssue.js
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
janosvitok

1. " is missing after author = "Tubby
2. integer property contains "values:" which it should not.
3. and now the most important thing (https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... r.cpp#L475):
qWarning() << "Type" << prop.m_type << "not handled yet";
Meaning editor for integer and string properties is not written yet.

TL;DR: the problem is not in your script, rather in QLC+.
Tubby

Thanks Jano.
bestdani

I also just wondered what I could have done wrong. So I'd suggest that at least it should be removed from the documentation as long as it is not implemented. My whole Idea of the last hour was based on the assumption that it would be available.