Advice Please - Newbie to QLC+ !

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
cas

GGGss wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:43 am Cas,

QLC+ is far far more than just a desk with sliders.
The way you should organise your lightshow needs a little bit more preparation.
f.i. we don't use sliders to change colours - we select a pre-made colour including fade-times etc...
Of course you still can use QLC+ the old fashion way but I can't imagine that you are able to change 26-some fixtures from blue to red at the same time with faders ;-)

I really suggest you invest some time learning QLC+. The instructional video's Massimo made are revealing the real power of QLC+. And you will be soo more happy afterwards. You'll start thinking in cue's, collections, chasers, cue-lists, ... etc instead of sliders. And then your work on the night itself will be very simple: Enjoy the show and press 'go' for the next lightning scene on stage.

What about that?
Thanks for your advice, I will do, but one other thing how do I get the sliders working or buttons working in Virtual Console, as the button is only raising the intensity and not the colour, when the scene is 100% on both. will work perfect with Flash buttons. Also the grand master is not working.
GGGss

Well ... you have to put your scene buttons into a frame together with a slider put into submaster mode.
And now I'm sure I'm talking Chinese at you...

If there is nothing active - Grandmaster (which can be changed in function) won't work. Are your fixtures definitions correct? (They should have an intensity channel) etc etc

First you have to learn some basics...
Send me your project-file and I will try to help you
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
cas

GGGss wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:02 am Well ... you have to put your scene buttons into a frame together with a slider put into submaster mode.
And now I'm sure I'm talking Chinese at you...

If there is nothing active - Grandmaster (which can be changed in function) won't work. Are your fixtures definitions correct? (They should have an intensity channel) etc etc

First you have to learn some basics...
Send me your project-file and I will try to help you
Thanks, I will have another shot at this over the next couple of nights, and will message you the profile to have a look, so I can set the LEDs to 6 Channel and then create a RED, GREEN, BLUE, WHITE, YELLOW scene etc) and place this in a normal frame with a Slider as submaster (do I need to set the intensity channel for the lights in the scene too) or will the submaster slider automatically put those lights on....... I will have a play around and message you profile if I an stuck. Looking at getting a MIDI controller with faders so I can set submasters for the scenes so I put 1 fader up to play the scene.
cas

Hi all,

I was working on my project, last night, managed to sort it for Virtual Console, as I am complete newbie to QLC+ I forgot to add a channel description when I added a new fixture to suit the LED lights for LEDJ Q Colour. Managed to get the sliders working for RGBW on level mode and Intensity for master dimmer, only tried it with 1 section of lights to get everything working before moving on.

On another note, I have discovered that when I created a Red Scene with the specific lights and raised the Red Slider to 255 and save (ignored the Intensity as I want this to work with the section Master Intensity is raised), this works on the toggle button, but when I go to switch off the button, it switches of but the Red Channel still shows the previous number as the slider on the Simple Desk stays up, which means I cant use that channel until I close the and reopen the software project. its only on the scenes that I need to work on now.

Again thank you all who replied and you have helped and supported me greatly since a complete beginner, starting to like the system now, and can see some of the points specifically for theatre use.
siegmund

Hey,

as already said, without a workspace file (and all custom fixture definitions) we are not really able to help you... Please also provide a step - by step guide what you are trying to achieve and what part is failing.

Regards,
siegmund
cas

thanks will have a look
cas

Managed to sort the issue with output staying up temporarily, I will send project file as soon as, but here go,

I have setup a flash button to set all channels to 0 to clear output, but when I click a colour button it goes on as it should, but I have to press button again to turn off, the button does go off, but the output remains, hence the reason I have had to create an output button, so I have to do this all the time when programming lights, is there away round this.

Also is there a way of midi mapping to APC mini certain system buttons (i.e. Operate, Live Edit, Record, Patch, Functions, Input/Output etc.

Liking the system already.

Thanks
siegmund

What you're describing sounds like you are using LTP. Most probably your fixture definition files are bad configured, or you made some wrong adjustments in the channel properties.
cas

thanks I will re have a look at my fixture file again to see if I can change it, if I can't see it I will post fixture file screen shot to let you see the channels.

Thanks
cas

Hi all, here is a copy of the show file, as i still require some help.

1. Its working fine as with sliders

2. When i use the Coloured buttons, it toggles on, and when press the coloured button to switch off, button switches off but output stays on.
I have made a temporary clear flash button to reset all channels to Zero to clear this, need help to get this to work so that the output goes
off when the button is pressed again.

3. I have attached a version of the led light fixtures can you please check i have created this properly.

I would appreciate the help, as still a newbie around the software, but getting there, also on another note, is it possible to midi or create buttons for system buttons on the Virtual Console (ie to Record Scene, Operate Mode, Live Edit etc) and also is there away to fix the DMX monitor into the VC or is this better eventually running on a seperate monitor.

Test Layout For Forum.qxw
(15.15 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
siegmund

cas wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:35 pm Hi all, here is a copy of the show file, as i still require some help.
As I already said, please share your custom fixture definitions, too.
cas wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:35 pm is it possible to midi or create buttons for system buttons on the Virtual Console (ie to Record Scene, Operate Mode, Live Edit etc) and also is there away to fix the DMX monitor into the VC or is this better eventually running on a seperate monitor.
Both is not possible at the moment. Since the DMX monitor opens in a new window, you can make it stay in foreground permanently (so reserve some space in the vc to place it over) or simply use another monitor to display it.
cas

Thanks that's what I thought for the buttons, wud that be an upcoming update hopefully. That's will upload custom fixture for u to look at to see what I have missed out.

Also in another note what is the Odroid xu4 (October core, 2/4gb ram) like or tinker board quad core 2gb ram to run lubuntu mainly only running QLC+ (not creating seperate work spaces, primary for operating and saving scenes.