external light desks SOLVED!!!

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
maximortal

surely there is something that I don't understand.
What I would'like to archive is to use my old light desk (ADB tango 48) as "programmer" for QLC+
my workflow generally (I work in a theatre) is to create every single scenes with simple desk (we use only generic dimmer channels) then to stack scenes into a chaser. Beacause if you got more than 12 or 24 channels is a bit boring to move with mouse every single virtual faders ( i now i can create groups, but is not always possible) I wish to be able to let QLC+ reading incoming DMX and use it as values for scenes and so on ( i got an enttec pro mk2 )
How can I do that?
I've tryed to use passthrough funtion, loopback and so on...can some one explain me how to archive this task?
thanks in advance.
Last edited by maximortal on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siegmund

You could try to rebuild something like the simple desk in the virtual console, use your desk as external input to these sliders, set the values and then use the dmx dump functionality to save the output values to a scene.
maximortal

tryed right now after your suggestion, it doesn't works. To verify if phisical connections are good i've tested em with pro maneger (application supplied with the interface) and it see incoming values.
siegmund

Do you see the joystick in the corresponding universe?
maximortal

no, this is the point...is like qlc+ do not see the input of the enttec.
siegmund

Did you check the right plugin in input/output tab (please show some screenshots of the configuration)?
Did you try restarting QLC+?
Is the enttec properly configured? I hardly remember there was something to adjust in the management utility for DMX input.
maximortal

I have created a new profile for the Tango. Now i try to investigate about configurations for enttec pro in the forum
Attachments
Cattura.JPG I-O.JPG
test 2.qxw
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
janosvitok

http://qlcplus.org/docs/dmxusbplugin.html see section 4, though I don't know how do you switch modes.

I suggest that you put DMX input and output to separate universes (e.g. 1 for output and 2 for input).
maximortal

already tryed, no results.
GGGss

Enttec: in the DMX pro application you have to enable input & output for channel 1 + channel 2 = output
(and don't use the RDM feature i've seen somewhere in the programm)
in ADB Tango: patch to default (chan 1 - 48) and use 'single preset'
In the enttec DMX Pro application: here you already can verify that inputs are read from ADB (don't forget grandmast to 100%) -> if not: troubles & check ADB config

Close enttec DMX pro application

Open QLC+ (you shouldn't get an error (opening port))
patch QLC+
QLC+ universe 1 as input (Enttec pro input 1)
QLC+ universe 2 as output (Enttec pro output 2)
Don't forget to put Grandmaster to 100% and then slider 1 should effect channel 1 of universe1 in QLC+

(I experienced major trouble with the enttec driver though this weekend ... if you get DMX pro application working then driver IS oké)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
maximortal

Again It doesn't works. But may be is a bigger issue than I expected
To clarify: in pro maneger I connect the tango (just it, nothing connected to output of the enttec) i can see a incoming signal from the desk. Also if I connect just the dimmers to the enttec all works (qlc+ and pro maneger booth send valid DMX to dimmers). Today i've noticied that if a connect all the chain (yesterday I was assuming connection from enttec to dimmers as good so I didn't plug cable) instantly the dimmers start blinking on all channels. If you ask dimmer got a a terminator resistance. I've contact also enttec about this issue. is so frustrating. :(
janosvitok

Check if breakout cable is properly wired. The scheme is somewhere on the internet (maybe even linked from this forum).

Edit: See http://qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 209#p44452 http://pinoutguide.com/Home/enttec_DMX_pinout.shtml
maximortal

OK!!!!! probably I've solved it!!!!

here a quick list to what I learned:

you can not use DMX in AND DMX out1 couse they are wired in parallel ( shame on you ENTTEC...nowhere this is mentioned!!!! or I'm a stupid :D )
to archive this task as mentioned before you have to set QLC+ in this way:
-UNIVERSE 1 in----enttec DMX in
-Universe 1 out---enttec DMX out 2
-passthrough enabled
-optional but reccomanded create a specific profile for your desk on QLC+, by this way you can use sliders and buttons as controls for QLC+ (until now I'm not able to use slider and flash buttons on the same channel 'couse they are on the same address)

at this point what you move on the desk goes to the dimmer, now you have to decide how use the console. I've choosed to create a full lenght patch (48ch) and use my desk for create scenes. I remain on the phisical desk for some feature, like submasters (for the meaning used by ADB tango) couse they are easyer to create. But if you don't need 48ch you can save some of them to control the virtual console. Another good idea is to separate innput and output in two universe and connect em through loopbak. When you create the show you can use the console, the when is done you cancel the input universe and re assign the input to the universe 1...btw the sky is the limit.

thank to everyone helped in this thread :)
GGGss

GGGss wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:59 am
QLC+ universe 1 as input (Enttec pro input 1)
QLC+ universe 2 as output (Enttec pro output 2)
I told ya ;-)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
msccd

Hi Maximortal,
hi all,

i try to get a external DMX Controller (Stairville DDC-12 LCD) with just 12 Sliders and a Master-Slider (using Channel 1-12) to control Scenes and Chaser at QLC+ (4.11.0) running on a MacBook Pro (mac OS Sierra). It's connected at the Input from the enttec DMX USB PRO Mk2. The lamps are connected to DMX Out 2, Passthrough is enabled, and i also made a profile for the DDC-12 LCD. I think i've done it like You posted it. But for some reason i don't get a signal from the external Stairville (which is running well standalone).

Is there anything i've missed? Do i have to install any plugins?

Thx for Your help!
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
ceciarditto

I have the same devices and the same problem!
ceciarditto

It´s me again.
I´ve downloaded this version of the QLC+ for MAC and it works for me!!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3135#p14583

I can see the joystick!!

Ans yes, input DMX1 in the ENTTEC USB PRO MK2 (yellow stripe) and output DMX2 (green stripe), same universe.

It took me many hours to finally be able to write this happy lines.

Cheers!