Issues with APC40 mini functionality - Midi mapping

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
BDDV07

Hello!

I just searched all the forum and after trying several of the trouble shooting issues I thought might be my issue, I couldn't really find anything useful or relevant to my issue.

Basically, QLC+ will not recognize any buttons or controls for other than channel/track 1 on my Akai APC40 so I cannot map it to control my light show. Every other mappable button works but channel/track 2-8 including the faders.

Here is a list of everything I've done so far
* I tried the re-coding of the APC 40 profile file suggested in one forum in the text editor, didn't fix my issue.
* I tried changing the APC mode in the editor, nothing.
* I could not find any options to make the midi channels 1 - 12 or whatever it was suggested. I can only select a single number in channel range for input/output.
* I used midi-monitor to see if something was wrong with my controller, It is not, every button is sending a on/off single just fine.

Everything I'm using is listed below.
* AKAI APC 40
* Macbook Pro, El Cap
* DMX King USB Micro
* QLC+ 4.10.5b

I think that is it. Can anyone help? I'd really like get this thing up and running properly.
mcallegari

* I could not find any options to make the midi channels 1 - 12 or whatever it was suggested. I can only select a single number in channel range for input/output.
Maybe you haven't tried hard enough.
- Double click on the APC MIDI line in the IO manager
- click the down arrow of the MIDI channel control until you see 1-16
Screenshot_20170617_091207.png
Moved to usage questions
BDDV07

mcallegari wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:14 am
Maybe you haven't tried hard enough.
- Double click on the APC MIDI line in the IO manager
- click the down arrow of the MIDI channel control until you see 1-16
Screenshot_20170617_091207.png

Moved to usage questions
You know, I always hate being bested, except when I'm wrong. haha.. Thanks so much!!! This fixed it. Full functionality! WOO!
Neutrino

I had exactly the same problem with APC40 before two weeks. A friend and me spend the hole night trying to connect the APC40 to QLC+ and finally after sunrise maybe at 6am morning my friend randomly found out that you have to change the midi channels option to "1-16" and it works! :-) :evil: :D
We should really change the default APC40 Profile to have this 1-16 channel option as standard and QLC+ should display the option maybe as a list with all valid values incl. "1-16" because if you don't know much about midi settings you didn't expect this option by scrolling down under channel number "1" if you ever get this idea to search for, you will need many hours for "debugging" or this forum to get ahead. Moreover it should be easier to find the midi-channel menu if you need it, not everyone know that you have to doubleclick on the device in the right tab. :!:
mcallegari

Or maybe you can read the documentation and find it in 2 seconds:
http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/supported-i ... vices.html (this is Input/Output -> Supported input devices)

...or open the PDF manual and search for "APC40" and find it in 3 seconds
Neutrino

Yes, RTFM! you can say this most time to me :-( Before the APC40 I hadn't those trouble with Korg NanoKONTROL2 and Akai APC mini. And we weren't sure if the APC40 from ebay is defective or not.
Neutrino

Ok, I remember that I spend the most time for trying to set the APC40 under Linux (without original ableton software) in the correct midi-mode for QLC+ because I thought that's why we could not use it with QLC+. I unsuccessfully tried it first with old Java-scripts from github to switch the APC40 mode and finally foun out how to send with "amidi" the hex command. But when QLC+ is set to 1-16 channels it will send the midi command for setting to mode 2 at initialization which I didn't know. :roll: