Create a script and add the blackout option

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
suso

Hello, I am making a script to be able to project a video using the VLC. But I'm interested in doing a blackout. Can it be done? I do not find the solution, just turn off all the functions that have turned on and that is very heavy.Thank you
OddSocks

Hi Suso,

Can you explain a bit more?

When you say you're making a script to project a video, do you mean an RGB Matrix script or a script to trigger an external player.

I used QLC on Sunday to play videos and control lights just using QLC's functions.
suso

I create a script to play a video with the videolan (External video player), and I need to turn off all the lights of the show so that the video is watched, and as soon as the playback finishes, return to the previous scene Can it be done from the RGB matrix?
suso

No Idea?
janosvitok

Once more:

you want to make script that
1. starts blackout
2. plays the video
3. stops the blackout
?
janosvitok

I've created pull request that adds two commands: blackout:on and blackout:off.

Please test it when test builds are created(Windows: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/d ... .1.166.exe). Once more, what is your operating system?
RedCarpet

suso wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:19 amNo Idea?
Hi Suso

Did you ever find out how to create a scene/function to do a blackout (without pressing the blackout button)

Thanx

Red
Franzi

I use a slider as a submaster in a frame with all the functions that should "blackout".
With a loopback dimmer and an "inverted" channel modifier as a trigger for the submaster.
Note, that the scene for activating the "blackout" must reside in another, seperate frame.
Otherwise it will not work.
Note, that a loopback channel can be set via script too.