Where to start building a scenario

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
harryd

Hi,
I would like to ask where to start my adventure with QLC. I have couple of moving heads, led bars, led pars. Fixtures are already made by me.
I watched all tutorials but still don't know the right way how to build a desired heads movements like in example these that someone made in Freestyler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLRHNpHFvfc
Can someone list "things to do" for reaching a proper result? I am sure that the are many ways to reach the effect but what I am looking for is a clue how to find the best and the shortest way.

Thanks
KR
dawid
janosvitok

Hi,

it depends on how do you want to use the effects - fully pre-programmed or busking and busking to what degree.
harryd

Hi,
That is my question, what ways to choose to reach the effect as fast as possible

kr
dawid
mcallegari

Moved. Clearly a usage question.

Check the video tutorials. Number #7 talks about positions and EFX
GGGss

Hi and welcome to QLC+,

When I look at the video (and you would want this show to be fully automated) then I see quite some work for you to prepare something like this.

General you should devide your project into sub-projects (and this is not QLC+ related)
What I call "static's":
A seperate cue for all colors used (upper and lower lights use different colors)
A seperate cue for all gobo's used
A seperate cue for 'center' positions for the heads. (start at middle, left, up, ...)
Seperated cue's for the strobe channels
(note: only add info you'd like to change later... eq: colors: __only__ color values go into the color-cue's. If you add intensity or other value's you won't be able to programm your show)

"sequences"
If statics have to be combined: (eq. Red flashing) -> these go into a seperate sequence adding 2 statics (f.i. red + flash 30%)

"dynamics"
involves only head movements + EFX's on heads + ...

Then you combine all your 'sub-projects' into a Virtual Console and in function of the ability of busking this can be easy or very difficult (feedback channels etc)

I'd suggest: go step by step and let your project grow - start easy with some statics, sequences and dynamics and play with them.
After learning how to do things - add more cue's, sequences, ..., VC widgets, (external controllers), to have a full buskable show.

I know ... you'd like to get a quick and dirty solution but IMHO the preparation described above will give you more vivid possibilities afterwards.

(f.i. I did a production with 7 performing bands, 2 DJ's and a live DJ during the day / night and it took me about 2 weeks (@4h / day) work to prepare. I had to learn QLC+ in the meantime. I think I would do it now in 20+ hours... I am talking about a production with 20-some heads, 30 fixed led-pars, 12 12ch. blinders and other bling bling. [-> I ran out of VC-space] and all controlled by 1 Behringer BCF2000 & 2 launchpad pro's. The video you showed us is much more easier and do-able in 1-2h from scratch to buskable by external controller I guess... it's not that complicated.

So have fun creating your cue's, sequences etc and start playing around.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
harryd

Thank you all for great answers and help.
Kr
Dawid