setup moving heads degrees range in EFX

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
filipek.o

hey guys is there a way to setup certain range for moving heads ( like you do in deegres in xy pad) so it limits even values in efx...?
I do have a lot of projection mapping elemnts on stage and i cant light them up at any time even by mistake, so im really despred for a solution:)
Thank you! for all help
mdmayfield

Can you say a little bit more about how you're using the EFX? Just to be certain, you're using the Width/Height/X offset/Y offset parameters in the EFX to limit the range, right?

I suppose that if you don't need fine control, you could set up the EFX with a fake fixture on a secondary loopback universe, then tell the XY Pad to be controlled by the Pan/Tilt DMX channels from the loopback. But I'm mainly confused what your use case is; it seems to me that an EFX itself can be constrained as needed using its own size and offset settings.
janosvitok

You can use channel modifiers.
This "function" is the very last thing applied to DMX data before it is sent down the wire.

If you want to limit PAN to values 130-243 just draw horizontal line [0,130] to [130, 130], then leave it as it is, and draw another from [243,243] to [255,243].
You'll get something like this

Code: Select all

_______
                 /: 
______________ /  :
lower limit ->| W |<- upper limit    W - work area
It is possible to allow multiple intervals (you'll need to draw vertical line somewhere in the "blind" area and make sure the vertical line is not crossed too often)

Code: Select all

_______
                               /:
                        ____ /  :
                   ____| <--- vertical line 
                 /:         :   :
______________ /  :         :   :
lower limit ->| W1|  BLIND  | W2|<-upper limit;  W1 - work area 1; BLIND- blind window; W2 - work area 2

It is not possible to create 2D windows (i.e. condition on both pan and tilt).

The simplest case that you set lower and upper limit for PAN and TILT (i.e. working area is a rectangle) is certainly possible using the above.

I personally would appreciate 2D map of dimmer intensity/shutter/submaster values depending on pan and tilt.
Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be implemented anytime soon.
filipek.o

Thank you! i completly forgot abotu channel modifier!:) THank yoU:)
janosvitok

Here is a better version of the first diagram:
limit-pan.png
This channel modifier will keep the output in the 130-243 range, and keep the original motion speed.

If you draw the line directly from [0,130] to [255,243], the PAN will be limited as well, but the speed will be slower.
Attachments
limit-pan.pdf
(17.61 KiB) Downloaded 71 times