If This than that (IFTTT)

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ralbrightii

Is this a feature that can be implemented?
If this, than allow this to go.

For example, if I have a certain button pressed on my BCF2000, the joystick will only control one moving head. Change the button controls a different one.... etc.

Thank you
mcallegari

What ?

Can you give some context to your question ?
ralbrightii

Context?

I am running a summer production, and I have just acquired 4 moving heads and want a way to move them using a joystick, but I don't want to have to have 4 joysticks to control them. Using IFTTT (if this, than that), I can specify that if a button (in a solo frame) is active on the Virtual Console, the joystick will only control a specific moving head. Then I change the button to a different button, and the same joystick will control a different moving head or a group of moving heads.

Does this make sense?
mdmayfield

It's possible to set this up currently using Loopback. You can put an X/Y pad in each of 4 frames that have an Enable/Disable button. Each X/Y pad should be set up to be controlled by the same joystick, then its container frame disabled.

In your solo frame, have each of the 4 buttons turn on a channel in the Loopback universe (maybe a fake dimmer). Then, on the container frames of the X/Y pads, set each frame's Enable/Disable controller to the DMX channel of one of those 4 buttons.

You could even use a regular frame instead of a Solo frame for the four buttons, so that you can control multiple moving heads at once with the joystick by simply pressing multiple buttons and enabling multiple frames (and therefore X/Y pads).
mdmayfield

Like so (see attachment).

It's also possible to use buttons that stay on, but that requires setting up an Input Profile that includes the "Generate an extra Press/Release when toggled" option per channel. See http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/howto-input-profiles.html for details.
Attachments
There Are FOUR Lights.qxw
(11.92 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
ralbrightii

mdmayfield wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:49 pm Like so (see attachment).

It's also possible to use buttons that stay on, but that requires setting up an Input Profile that includes the "Generate an extra Press/Release when toggled" option per channel. See http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/howto-input-profiles.html for details.
Interesting... I didn't know that loopback could do that.

So I picked apart how you select the Loopback Universe in the external control (I didn't know you could do that directly, thank you for showing me.) If I follow your logic, I could them bind the external control of the 4 buttons (labeled 1,2,3,4) to physical buttons on a BCF2000, and then that would allow me to activate various moving heads based on which buttons are active on the BCF2000. Am I following this correctly? Could I also have a single button activate multiple XY Pads?

Thank you for your help.
mcallegari

The XY pad can have preset buttons to select the fixtures you want to control.
I have shown it in my video tutorial #7.