Sound Active RGB Matrices?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ethanm3

Hello!

I do a lot of work with LEDs and mapping, and I've been going back and forth between Resolume and QLC+. What I like about QLC+ is the control I have, I have much more pixel-precise control than the video mapping that Resolume does (at least at my skill level - I'm not an expert at either Resolume or QLC+). My favorite part of using Resolume, though, is their audio control - I can route audio so that the bass levels will increase the intensity and change the color and make the video effect bigger or smaller depending the volume.

My question is this: is there a way in QLC+ to make audio effect more than just the intensity of an RGB Matrix? I can have the audio effect a submaster on the Animation widget, but outside of that can I have audio effect other aspects of the Matrix? For example, it would be really cool to have the low end audio affect the speed of the Plasma effect, or have different colors light up with different ranges of audio.

Just thinking out loud now, I suppose I could have a variety of different Matrices that all run different submasters for different audio bands. So have blue run on lows, red mids, green highs, or something like that. Any other ideas? Thanks!
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com
dani105

Hi,

I think you can achieve this through Loopback Channels:

For example the speed:
You can have a loopback channel, controlled by the audi trigger element on live console.
This loopback channel could then be the input of the speed dial.

You could do the same with certain color channels, as you described, and then overlay a matrix in with a special matrix mode.
I have never used the other matrix modes but that should be achievable with that feature.

For features like effect size, I am not shure if this can be done.

Hope this helps
ethanm3

Thanks! I've never used loopback channels, so I'll give this a try and see where I go. Much appreciated.
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com