Control Surface for QLC+

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
themarcus86

Hello everyone, i need help. I have an old glp lights operator 48 mixer, when I connect it to the enttec usb pro with qlc + the lights go crazy. Exists a 24/48 channel control with faders and buttons that goes well? thank you so much.
janosvitok

Can you describe your setup in more detail? Do you have GLP LO 48 connected to DMX in of Enttec and lights to DMX OUT?
themarcus86

yes, the GLP is connect in DMX mode in to the enttec and lights to DMX out. qlc+ version 4.10.4
janosvitok

Try to use separate universes for DMX input and output.

You may want to connect GLP LO using MIDI (either if you have enttec mk2 or using any USB MIDI card), because then you can use buttons and faders separately (in DMX mode fader and flash button control the same DMX channel, in MIDI mode they send different messages).
themarcus86

i have a usb pro not mk2. i try to use a m-audio usb/midi card. thank you so much
themarcus86

update: with midi connection the buttons of the mixer work, but the faders do not. any ideas?
janosvitok

Can you post your qxw here?

Go to Input/output tab: when you move the fader, do you see flashing joystick in the universe line (on the left side)?

Can you use something line MIDI-OX to monitor what LO sends?

I suppose you've enabled MIDI output since buttons work...

How do you test the faders? Did you assign them to faders in virtual console?

Jano
themarcus86

the "qxw" i don't know what is. sorry. in the input/output tab the joystick flash only for the button, when move the fader...nothing. i use an m-audio fast track pro; it has a lamp witch tells me if there in midi channel, this lamp flash only whit the button, as if the faders did not send any signals. in virtual console the faders do not work.

Marco
janosvitok

The I don't know. It is supposed to send MIDI messages. Maybe you have an older firmware? Or I don't understand the manual properly? :)

QXW is QLC+ workspace file. It's not relevant if maudio doesn't detect MIDI signal.
themarcus86

This afternoon I do other tests, tonight I write if there are any news. Maybe there is something to do about the light mixer.
Thank you so much

Marco
themarcus86

Update: the mixer sends the midi signal only to the buttons not for the faders.