LIght on, movement, light off

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
gelser71

Friends,

I am trying to program a light event and it would be nice to have it controlled with a single function on the virtual console.

For example:

Moving head light moves to a downward pointing position
Colored light turns on (white)
Light sweeps upward to point to ceiling
White light turns off

Typically I program my moving heads separately. I mean I have separate buttons on the VC for lights and for movements. In this case I would like to combine for this event. Should it be a chase? Should it be an EFX? I have tried several combinations and have note been able to get it to work.

Thanks in advance,
Keith
janosvitok

In this case, it seems the best for you is a chaser with 4 (or 5) scenes.

[0] default position
1. downward position with fade in time
2. light on
3. upward position with fade in time
4. light off

EFX used to control dimmer channel, but we removed that functionality since it complicated things too much, so you can't do the whole thing with an EFX.
You may however use EFX in steps 1 and 3 (no loop, line pattern, width 0, step 3 backwards)
gelser71

I did try it as a chaser similar to the one you describe. The problem was that after the scene for "light on" was completed, the light would turn off for the movement scene. I generally try to program any movement step without light so that it can be used with a variety of different colors or RGB matrix programs.

The only solution I have is to program a chaser:

1 Move light to downward position
2 Light on scene (eg white light)
3 Scene with white light on and fixture pointing to ceiling (resulting in a sweeping motion upward)
4 Black scene

Ultimately this should work. I just assumed there might be a better, more elegant, solution.
janosvitok

You are right. I forgot that.

You may replace step 3 with a Collection of two scenes: light on from step 2 and fixture pointing upwards.
gelser71

Hmm.

How do I put 2 scenes in 1 chaser step?
janosvitok

you need to create collection and put that as a chaser step.