Layout nested solo and audio sync BPM

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
igorrobertifoc

Hello to all,
i'm been preparing a little show and disco party in a little town :) and we bought 4 moving head a 2 par light . Very easy to buy but very complex to prepare :)
I'm trying to prepare an interface that is easy to use because I would like that other people can do this job.

Every time I try .. at the end there is something that doesn't work because I don't create a good structure and layout. The software is incredible and well well developped, congratulation.

In the print screen I show you what I'm trying. On the right part I can move the party with manual changement and on the left side there is some "Special button" that I will press when there is something special. When I click on a special scene all is working (all buttons is overwrited ) but when I click another time I would like that go back in the manual setting before. Now all is turned off after the second back click :/ I try some combination of solo frame and normal frame, but I dind't find the solution..

Black buttons are chaser, the other buttons are collection or scene. Maybe this is a wrong way to configure an interface, i'm new on these things..

Thank you very much

I attach the qxv because maybe can be usefull for someone or maybe can help me giving some advice.
Attachments
Sample.qxw
(119.8 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Cattura.PNG
Last edited by igorrobertifoc on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
siegmund

Hi,

I don't know if this helps you, but there has already been a topic on nested solo frames here.

In addition to that, talking about overriding things, the new overriding feature is maybe a good idea. This long post was on the development of this feature. At the moment you have to build QLC+ from sources to give it a try or just wait for the next release.
igorrobertifoc wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 pm Maybe this is a wrong way to configure an interface, i'm new on these things..
I really don't think there is a "right" way. It depends always on if it is useful to you or not.

Regards,
siegmund
igorrobertifoc

Many thank you for you reply, step by step I will try to understand :) .
I will check the new feature od solo frame. An executables exe is avaible for an instllation without compile?

Another question. I would like to use the audio widget to catch the bpm and assign to chaser. I see that with midi there is somenting like this:
MIDI beat clock

Starting from version 4.5.0, QLC+ supports the MIDI beat clock
Not to be confused with the MIDI timecode, the MIDI beat clock is a useful signal to sync BPM-based devices such as a drum machine with your lights controlled by QLC+.
Two special MIDI channels have been mapped in QLC+ to control your Virtual Console widgets with a beat clock.
Here's a brief explanation of the special channels:

Channel 530: A signal is sent on this channel when a beat clock starts or stops.
Channel 531: This signal is sent every BPM. QLC+ doesn't take any notice of measures (e.g. 3/4, 4/4, 7/8), so when setting up your MIDI clock you need to consider how QLC+ will handle it.

Hint: If your controller is set to work at high BPM (e.g. 180-200), you might find difficult to catch the start signal. One trick for doing this is to catch the stop signal. Example:
Enable the QLC+ Virtual Console widget auto-detection
Hit play on your device generating the MIDI beat clock. QLC+ will detect channel 530 and will switch very quickly to 531
Stop the playback on your MIDI beat clock device. QLC+ will detect channel 530 again.
Disable the QLC+ Virtual Console widget auto-detection
In a similar way you can catch the beat signal as well. Just disable the auto-detection process before stopping the playback on your beat controller (invert steps 3 and 4).

Only a question, which is the "widget auto-detection"? The speed dial?

is it possible to configure the audio triggers to create this bpm signal (maybe with a loopback?) ?
The audio triggers now just set the duration of a Speed dial.
The speed dial set the speed of various chaser.
--> the problem is that if I activate manually two chaser there are not synced (but the duration is correct).

Thank you very much
siegmund

igorrobertifoc wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:56 am I will check the new feature od solo frame.
Actually the overriding feature is not part of solo frames, but sliders in level mode.
igorrobertifoc wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:56 am An executables exe is avaible for an instllation without compile?
Yes, see the test version section, don't use this versions in production environment!

For the audio trigger things I'm not so experienced. In general I'm afraid that you are mixing up MIDI and audio triggers. Maybe create a new topic for that since this thread was on a completely different one.
igorrobertifoc

Yesterday I done some good configuration for BMP detection with audio widget (I hope):

Configured Universe 2 : dimmer on channel 1
Configured Universe 3 : dimmer on channel 1
loopback Universe 2 Output ->3 Input

- Audio widget trigger a button linked to the slider on U2:C1
- Various "Cue widget" catch the signal on U3:C1

The result is what I expected, chasers that control colors and chasers that control head position are synced when I start manually in different time. The tap button solution doesn't do this.

Now I have a question, how I can catch a beat signal every 4 BPM. Is there a Way? I have to count the bpm and when receive 4 they catch the event.

Thank you very much.
igorrobertifoc

This is my console at the actual state
Attachments
Sample.qxw
(129.44 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
igorrobertifoc

If someone is interested, I resolved the problem to have a signal every 4 BPM. Is just necessary a chase with 3 dummy step and 1 that write the signal, then link to the main bpm signal.
igorrobertifoc

For now the result is more and more better what I expected. Very good software!

The only big problem I see is when you choose a chasers in a chaser is not disabled when there is a solo frame nested in another solo frame. If can be fixed would be great.

https://youtu.be/71fZxNjbGQ4