Switchable MIDI Mappings / APC / Launchpad ?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
projektil

I created a bunch of scenes, some controlling all parameters, others just for a selection of values, like "all devices color white" or "scanner 1+2on,3+4off" etc. They get called via button from the virtual desk. Triggering those via a Launchpad Pro works great, so instant light finger drumming. Love it.

However, I now start running out of buttons (a commen problem I guess). I could probably add another Launchpad, but would much prefer to have different layout on the launchpad that can be switched. I don´t need to recall more than 64 scenes at once, although there are more in total.

Same thing for the APC40: It has those 2 groups of eight encoders, which I would like to assign to x and y of the eight moving heads they control (single device positioning). Works so far, but I didn´t get to the feedback part yet :). Except for single device control, I would also like to use those faders in a different way, controlling pairs or groups of those moving heads for simple synchronized positioning and moving. Like the buttons mentioned above, this would mean a second layer that maps those encoders to different virtual desk faders (or xy pads in that case). A third layer then would be needed to control scanners in the same way etc.

Is there a way to do this within QLC+ ? Is that on the wishlist for 5 ?

If not, one could always try to remap the values externally, but this adds another piece of software and probably more delay than internal mappings. I thought of either Ableton Max4Live or Bome MIDI Translator Pro. Not sure if there are others in that domain.

If those mappings can be switched via MIDI controls themselves, that´d be the icing on the cake.

Is anyone going in the same direction ?
siegmund

Hi,

I think a frame with multiple pages will do what you want. Have a look at the multipage frame tutorial.
projektil

Frame with multiple pages is confirmed, but there is a bug with the current stable release (QLC+ 4.10.5b). This is already fixed in the test versions, so will probably be in the stable branch soon.

What I just created is a frame with 8 pages which can be called with the bottom row of a launchpad pro, including feedback which page selected. Done in no time, same logic as mapping midi controllers to any other control. that´s not just awesome, that´s ossom :mrgreen:

Which brings me to the next question: As I play around with virtual console layouts, is there a way to import/export parts of the VC ? I tried opening a second instance of QLC+, but copy/paste does not work between them. This would be cool for developing separate versions of a console. Also, speaking of file management, it would be nice to have the ability to load and save complete consoles. Currently I work around by enabling disabling stuff in different "master" frames, which are the different versions of the console, but that messes with the overall data structure of course and isn´t exactly a clean method :D
siegmund

projektil wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:28 pm Which brings me to the next question: As I play around with virtual console layouts, is there a way to import/export parts of the VC ?
You can edit the qxw XML code by yourself, it is pretty straightforward. :!: Be careful and do backups because if you do something wrong most probably all of your work is lost.
projektil

OK, I will give it a shot. Back to good old text editing, but with notepad++ things should be halfway comfortable.

Copy and save often :)