Heartbeat effect

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
citymariner

Hello all,

Might be a longshot this one but has anyone created an effect that allows your lights (I'm using 16 PAR LEDs) to pulse like a heartbeat?

I'm considering making an entrance music/light show ready for a band to come on stage and just wondered if anyone had made one already that I could extrapolate over my lights etc.

I've been getting close with using two scenes into a chaser and intend on running this with a show.

Ideally, I would like to run this as an RGB matrix script (???) so that I can run different shades of red without programming each individual shade of red and it then being static.

Happy to put the graft in if someone has a suggestion as to the best way of doing the effect.

Thanks in advance,

Josh
janosvitok

Can you describe more what is your goal? For example, post your chaser that "gets close"?
igorrobertifoc

Check this.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11055&p=47651#p47651

I did, but there is only 3 little thing I need to resolve:
- EFX in mode relative work as absolute
- I would like to use the heartbeat bpm synced, for this EFX it's not the right way. I think will be a chaser sync with bmp (check my example)
- I would like to set a master illumiation based on % just before the master fader.

Hope to help you,
Bye
GGGss

igorrobertifoc wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 am
- I would like to set a master illumiation based on % just before the master fader.
If I understand you correcly the sub-master (last paragraph of http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/vcslider.html) in the same frame is what you are looking for...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
igorrobertifoc

Thank you, I will test
igorrobertifoc

the heartbeat is done.
- create a dummy fixture
- create a dummy scene that set 100 to the dummy fixture
- create a temporary chaser that
- turn on the light that you need with duration = 0 and fade out = 500ms (example)
- turn on the dummy scene duration=50s fade out = 0ms
- create the main chase that cointain the temporary chase, then you can sync with beat ( see my post ) or set time duration on loop that you want

PS : Beat sync heartbeat is very beautifull for moving head