How to clone Function / Sequence

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
lorenzoandreani

I cloned a scene containing a sequence expecting to find a copy of the scene inside the sequence contained.

The scene was cloned but the sequence no.
GGGss

I think this is wrong ... you cannot create sequences inside a scene ... so I don't understand what you try to say?

The only 'clone' possible from within scenes is to add the scene you are working with right now to a new step inside the chaser you selected.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
siegmund

GGGss wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:28 am I think this is wrong ... you cannot create sequences inside a scene ... so I don't understand what you try to say?
A Sequence is bound to one specific Scene, which means that all the steps of the Sequence can only control the enabled channels of that Scene.
From: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/concept.html (sequence section).
lorenzoandreani wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:40 pm I cloned a scene containing a sequence expecting to find a copy of the scene inside the sequence contained.
I guess you wanted to say: "I cloned a scene containing a sequence expecting to find a copy of the scene containing a copy of the sequence."

After working out the definition I can confirm this on Xubuntu 14.04 64Bit Qt5.
I'm not 100% sure if this is really meant to work but I do think so.
lorenzoandreani

I guess you wanted to say: "I cloned a scene containing a sequence expecting to find a copy of the scene containing a copy of the sequence."
Yes