3D Visualizer solution for QLC+?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Matt2468rv

Hello! Is there a free visualizer solution for QLC+? I know QLC+ can output via artnet but I haven't found any free 3D visualizer software that accepts it's input. I tried to use Magic 3D Easy View but apparently that doesn't allow artnet input unless you have the correct hardware (wish they would have said this on their site before I did all the work of building my fixtures and stage :x ). I love QLC+ but I can't always have my lighting rig powered up to program lights and I need a 3D visualizer.

I've done hours of extensive searching (even on these forums) about a 3D visualizer solution for QLC+ and I've tried several things but I haven't come up with anything that works.
mcallegari

This is a duplicate of a bunch of other posts.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9892
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10328

Please reply to one of the existing ones before opening a new thread.

Who has a professional visualizer doesn't give it away for free. You need to spend money. Among the ones I tried, Capture is the best, but it's also very expensive.
Otherwise, wait for QLC+ 5, which will hopefully provide a free and cross platform 3D solution.
janosvitok

You may try also this: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11005

Note: I haven't tried it yet.
mcallegari

janosvitok wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:57 am You may try also this: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11005
Note: I haven't tried it yet.
Yeah right ! That reminds me I have to try it as well ! :nerd:
Matt2468rv

I have to disagree that you need to spend money because I just figured out how to get Magic 3D Easy View working perfectly with QLC+! I used a program called PC_DIMMER as a passthrough to Magic 3D Easy View. If you output artnet from QLC+ through the loopback node into PC_DIMMER, 1:1 patch everything, and then open Magic 3D Easy View from within PC_DIMMER it works great! I'm able to control my entire lighting rig in Magic 3D Easy View using QLC+.

Finally a free working solution for a 3D Visualizer with QLC+!!! :D :D :D

And sorry about the duplicate threads - I figured I'd make my own since the other ones were a little old.
mcallegari

Who has a professional visualizer doesn't give it away for free. You need to spend money.
Does Magic 3D Easy View seem professional to you ?
Matt2468rv

mcallegari wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:58 am
Who has a professional visualizer doesn't give it away for free. You need to spend money.
Does Magic 3D Easy View seem professional to you ?
Certainly not if you are trying to render something for a presentation, but for designing a show it works great! :)
Matt2468rv

mcallegari wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:19 amAmong the ones I tried, Capture is the best, but it's also very expensive.
Just curious, what are the other visualizers you have tried and what is your opinion on them? MA Lighting's MA3D looks pretty good (used for many large music festival stages), as well as WYSIWYG and Realizzer, but I haven't used any of them very much. I'll have to check out Capture too.