RGB Panel - Fit as many pixels in a single universe as possible?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
soccermitchy

Hey, I'm trying to use QLC+ with an RGB panel (well, one in a visualizer), but the one I'm using doesn't support having the universes split at row boundaries, it expects the controller to fit as many pixels as possible in a single universe (ie. a 100x50 matrix should use ~29.5 universes instead of 50). Is there a way to do this in QLC+?
ethanm3

I have run into the same issue. I had to do the math myself and make one row at a time, customizing rows to end/begin between universes. Also, (please correct me if I'm wrong) I have found that the matrix function is limited to 99 width and height, so a 100x50 would not fit. Using a 50x50 matrix as an example:
Since 170 pixels fit into a universe (512 channels / 3 channels for red, green, blue; remainder of 2 is not used for pixel control), U1 is: row 1 - 50 pixels, row 2 - 50 pixels, row 3 - 50 pixels, row 4 - 20 pixels. U2: row 1 - 30 pixels, row 2 50 pixels, etc.

You'd have to plug each row into your final mapping, which wouldn't be too difficult with the placement arrows on the matrix in Fixture Groups.

Good luck!

Ethan
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com