RGB light strips

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
3rdPlanetRob

I still don't understand though why the leds were assigned starting at universe 2, and in the simple desk, channels that are supposedly unassigned (don't have a colored square above slider) control pixels that i couldn't find before; how everything is assigned seems almost random, though it's not- it's always the same when i recreate new project and make the rgb panel, none of it makes sense though.
3rdPlanetRob

I started over, made a new project, a new panel. i go to simple desk and all of the channels except 511 and 512 have colored squares, meaning they are assigned.

I raise channels, but no response from pixels.

I go to universe 2 and raise channels, the very first channel here controls the first pixel on the strip.

Back to fixtures tab, i select rgb panel so that the window to the right shows details for each pixel.

Pixel # 1 for example:
RGB panel - Row 1 H:1A:1 U:1

I think that means first pixel on led strip *is* assigned to channel 1 of universe 1 right? I don't know why slider for channel 1 universe 1 doesn't control it- channel 1 for universe *2* does. The channels in universe 1 don't light any pixels at all.

The settings you mention in inputs/outputs maybe is a problem, i can't understand anything in this section, will have to break it down this week.. Did anyone actually read all of that?
3rdPlanetRob

I fixed it! I feel young again whoohoo, etc etc..

You were exactly right- it was the e1.31 settings. the ip address is set to 239.255.0. (1, 2, 3 and 4) by default, for universes 1-4. I simply raised the last number in the ip address by 1 for each universe, now all works fine. I don't understand it, but that's ok, i seem to not be understanding much lately..