Stairville LED Foot 8 DMX controller

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
muzzol

hi,

really noob here, pls be patient.

I got a Stairville LED Foot 8 DMX: https://www.thomann.de/es/stairville_led_foot_8_dmx.htm

is it possible to store profiles/chasers made with qlc in the controller?

can I trigger chasers in qlc if I plug a usb to midi connector between the controller and my computer?

thanks a lot
janosvitok

The device has MIDI input and DMX output. That means you can send DMX signal from stairville to QLC+ and MIDI signal from QLC+ to stairville.

You can use QLC+ to trigger scenes programmed in the controller. The opposite way would be more useful.

There is no direct output from the buttons on the controller, so if you want to create the opposite way, you'd need to devise some clever way of scene definitions.

Jano
Chris De Rock

I think you can use Passtrtough to pass DMX messages from stairville to the universe.
muzzol

janosvitok wrote:The device has MIDI input and DMX output. That means you can send DMX signal from stairville to QLC+ and MIDI signal from QLC+ to stairville.

You can use QLC+ to trigger scenes programmed in the controller. The opposite way would be more useful.

There is no direct output from the buttons on the controller, so if you want to create the opposite way, you'd need to devise some clever way of scene definitions.

Jano
thanks for the response.
Isn't midi bidirectional?
janosvitok

No. Each connector is either transmitter or receiver. Devices usually have 2 or 3 midi connectors - IN, OUT sometimes THRU.
muzzol

janosvitok wrote:No. Each connector is either transmitter or receiver. Devices usually have 2 or 3 midi connectors - IN, OUT sometimes THRU.
I see, and what about storing external generated chasers in the device. Is that possible?
janosvitok

Using MIDI input you can only start the scenes/chasers already programmed in the device. There's no way how to enter data to the device except using buttons.

I actually thought about storing generated chasers in Behringer LC2412 and GLP light operator. For those devices it is possible, but to do it takes too much work/time.
LC2412 uses compact flash to backup data, so it's possible to put it in a computer and analyze the format and then generate data as needed.
GLP LO can transfer setup from one device to another using DMX cable so it may be read using RS485 adapter. But to figure the details, it's too much work.

Your device is too dumb for such experiments.