Running video function locks keyboard out?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
3rdPlanetRob

For some reason i didn't see the video function already in QLC+- that got by me completely, all i was hoping for was something to play basic video, no fancy functions needed, and that's exactly what this is, thanks for putting it in.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if i maybe don't have something set right. i assigned 2 buttons to 2 different videos, and made a keyboard shortcut for each. When i start operate mode, i can click one of them to start video, and click it again to stop it, just like it should. But if i use the keyboard keys, i once i start one of the videos, they keyboard won't trigger any more functions (video- lighting, haze etc) until i click that video's button with the mouse to disable it. After that i can use they keyboard keys to start/stop functions again.

Not really fatal, i just notice it though because i use a bluetooth mini keypad to trigger everything from the other side of the room since i'm normally not next to the QLC+ machine when running. I did check to be sure the computers keyboard also didn't respond so it's not a problems with the keypad or a BT problem..

Thanks for putting in the video function!
Chris De Rock

The Videofunction is in the GIT version available. seems that it is included in the next release.
mcallegari

Chris De Rock wrote:The Videofunction is in the GIT version available. seems that it is included in the next release.
Chris, please do not give wrong information to other users.
The Video function is supported by QLC+ since at least a couple of years.
It is not documented because it's available only on Qt 5 versions of QLC+ (right now it means Windows and macOS) and because there's been a lot of complaining about how it works on different platforms so it's still considered kind of experimental.

I will document it for the sake of it, but we still have Qt 4 builds for Linux around.