Play functions while in design mode + dump active function to collection

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ReoBaird

New user, I just had a couple questions... can someone let me know if these are possible, I havent been able to figure it out myself:

1. Is there a way I can dump all current active functions into a new collection/button? My "looks" consist of mixing and matching a bunch of functions and its rather tedious to try them out in live mode and then go back to the function editor and have to remember everything I had active and manually create a collection.

2. Is there a way I can play multiple function in design mode? My use case is I tend to layer my functions so I find myself having to mess around a lot overriding and releasing stuff in simple desk. I'd like to be able to click function in a "LTO" fashion. IE: if i press my function that turns the shutters on, or sets gobo to open, then this will presist while editing my other function, which perhaps is for movement.

I'm migrating from FreeStyler and so far I'm really liking the software.... just trying to learn/optimize my workflow for QLC
siegmund

ReoBaird wrote:1. Is there a way I can dump all current active functions into a new collection/button? My "looks" consist of mixing and matching a bunch of functions and its rather tedious to try them out in live mode and then go back to the function editor and have to remember everything I had active and manually create a collection.
Yes, have a look at the DMX dump functionality: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/dmxdump.html
ReoBaird wrote:2. Is there a way I can play multiple function in design mode? My use case is I tend to layer my functions so I find myself having to mess around a lot overriding and releasing stuff in simple desk. I'd like to be able to click function in a "LTO" fashion. IE: if i press my function that turns the shutters on, or sets gobo to open, then this will presist while editing my other function, which perhaps is for movement.
In design mode this is not possible. But as far as I know it is also possible to edit (not delete) functions in live mode. So you can go to live mode, turn on your functions and then edit other functions.
ReoBaird

In regard to DMX dump... I dont think this will do what I'm trying to accomplish?

I am trying to create a collection composited from functions, some of which are chasers/sequences/etc... I think DMX dump will literally take a snapshot of current DMX numberical values?

The closest I have found is creating a new collection, tabbing over to "currently active functions", manually expanding all folders, then selecting all. It's better but still tedious.

In regards to using live mode and editing functions, the trouble is I can't seem to live preview the function I am currently editing?

Maybe I'll make a feature request thread.
siegmund

ReoBaird wrote:I am trying to create a collection composited from functions, some of which are chasers/sequences/etc... I think DMX dump will literally take a snapshot of current DMX numberical values?
Ah, okay sorry I thought you just accidentally used the wrong word. Dumping to a collection is not possible at the moment.
ReoBaird wrote:In regards to using live mode and editing functions, the trouble is I can't seem to live preview the function I am currently editing?
Watch out for the "Toggle blind mode" button - it's a symbol with a blue crossed eye on it. When disabling it, the currently selected function will be previewed.