Play random audio file

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
HughT

Hi!
I'm new to QLC+ and I have a fairly specific need : for improv shows I need to change the scene and play some random music.
Now I understand how to create a button in the Virtual Console to change scene and play an audio file, but how could that audio file be chosen randomly inside a folder or a list of audio files?

An alternative (if random is not possible) would be to simply play the next file in a list of audio files.

Is something like that possible?

Thanks!
janosvitok

Try adding the audio files to a chaser, and create cue list for it in the virtual console.
Set random order in the chaser.
HughT

I tried your suggestion but with the audio files in a chaser I can play a random file but then there is no way to stop it QLC just become unresponsive. Also I don't think this allows me to change lighting and start music simultaneously...

I thought I found a solution by using a script that would start a random function, but it doesn't seem to work...
HughT

Thanks for the suggestion !

It kind of works, but it's somewhat limited. I created collections containing a Scene (always the same one) and an Audio file, and put it all in a chaser. I can then use the cue list.
But I cannot then have a button that starts a new scene and stops the audio.

I thought I had found a simple solution using a script, but you can't seem to start random fonctions ( startfunction:random(0,5) does nothing), unfortunately.