Feature check of my needs

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
rhavin

Hi all,
could someone please post if the following is possible with this product and which is not?:
  • Focus-Palettes / References (eg. dont save PAN/TILT to cue but to a named spot like ›drummer‹ that you define elsewhere and can update before the show beginns once for all cues where it is referenced)
  • Color-Palettes / References (save a certain RGB, RGBW, CMY, RGBAW or whatever color-combination for this fixure as a generic preset shared by mutliple fixures. Eg, you select multiple fixures and select your preset color palette ›aqua‹ and each fixure goes to their specific preprogrammed aqua color combination)
  • RGBW + Amber + UV (almost all my fixures are hexcolor)
  • Effekts bases on tapped tempo
  • Settings for concurrent cues accessing same fixure channels (Precedence Highest/Lowest/First/Last)
  • Playback of at least 3 audio channels (5.1-wave or 2 waves simultaneously) to configurable outputs for getting Playbacks to PA and clicktrack to drummer
  • playback of video
Best regards,

.rhavin
MidCity

I'm not a moderator on here but heres what I got for you:

Many of your inquires are covered in the Documentation manual. Please check there and in the forums. It takes a little sifting through but most of the answers are there.

1. Its my understanding that collection groups are used for the purposes of focus, color and intensity Palettes. You have to keep the structure of all the cues in mind as you are building them, but that seems to be how QLC is built to function. That is covered on page 6 here:

http://www.qlcplus.org/downloads/4.8.4/ ... _4.8.4.pdf

2. See 1.

3. Use fixture editor to build your desired fixture. Many are already done if you look in the library and on the forums.

4. Fx are covered in the manual on pg. 45 the "stop watch" symbol brings up a dialogue with encoders, times and a tap option.

5. BUMP I've been wondering the answer to this myself! I have yet to find it in the documentation or on the forums. BUMP

6. I Use other programs for this function. Anyone else?
mcallegari

@MidCity, are you aware that QLC+ 4.8.4 is 2 years old ?
You shouldn't provide to other users outdated information.
The current documentation is here: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/index.html

BASIC Video playback is present on every QLC+ Windows/macOS version. On Linux you need to use a qt5 version.
MidCity

Thanks Massimo, Sorry about that. I was having trouble finding the right file and didn't see that I had found the wrong one. Thank you for the correction.