One Function at a time, without being able to be interrupted - Quiz Show Buzzers

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Brzam

Hello,

What I'm wanting to do is have 4 gameshow buzzers - we're planning to use the Buzzers from the game Buzz, these can be Midi controlled and so go through to QLC no problem. The issue is that I want to be able to only have one function active, then add a delay before any other function can be activated.

So that if Player One presses their buzzer, then if Player Two presses there's it won't overwrite that first Player's Function - or start Player Two's function, something like a 20 second delay before the next function can be activated, either in that group, or overall.

If this has to be on a completely separate QLC software, that isn't an issue!

If anyone has any suggestions on how to go about creating something like this, I would be most grateful!

Thank in advance,
Sam Brooks - Brzam
This message was transmitted using 100% recycled electrons.
siegmund

Welcome to the forum!

You could place 4 buttons in a frame that have your buzzers as external input. To each button, you assign a script that activates some scene (as you want to light somebody or whatever you want) and then disables the frame over loopback. After 20s waiting, it enables the frame again.

I made a sample workspace for that with 2 buzzers. For testing purposes, I added two buttons representing the physical buzzers. These are the input to the buttons in the frame via loopback.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
siegmund
Attachments
buzzers.qxw
(6.79 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
GGGss

For the novice user, I did some explanation with labels in attached project...
(had to find out the logic for myself also ...)
Attachments
buzzers.qxw
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Brzam

Thank you both!

These projects are extremely useful and I will use them to build my project, will report back with how it goes!

Thanks again,
Sam Brooks - Brzam
This message was transmitted using 100% recycled electrons.