Connect stage lighting to a setlist manager

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
pheldal

I have a lyrics/setlist-manager (Bandhelper) that is able to associate MIDI-messages with each song and transmit those as a singer or musician is turning the pages. Is there a way to:
  1. Use MIDI-messages from the setlist-manager to activate a specific chaser or cuelist associated with a song (one for each song in the songbook)
  2. Use OSC-messages (or a midi foot-controller) to step through (next/prev) or select one of the scenes in the chaser/cuelist (infinite hold) by its #
A song could consist of a number of scenes for different parts. For example:
  • Break/Introduction. Break between songs/Singer talking to the audience
  • Intro w/focus on one or more player
  • Verse.
  • Chorus
  • Instrument solo. Focus on player
  • More verses/choruses etc
  • Ending
The goal is to have sequences of scenes prepared for every song in the band catalogue so that the lighting for a show is ready as soon as the band has picked which songs to play and made a setlist. All one would have to adjust for different venues is the key positions of moving-heads where such are used for wash/spot purposes.
siegmund

Welcome to the forum!
pheldal wrote:Use MIDI-messages from the setlist-manager to activate a specific chaser or cuelist associated with a song (one for each song in the songbook)
You could use chasers in another chaser, different frames with a cue list in each of them (then activate only one frame for one song) or a frame with multiple pages and a cue list on each page. Most of the options have been discussed here and/or are documented here: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/index.html
pheldal wrote:Use OSC-messages (or a midi foot-controller) to step through (next/prev) or select one of the scenes in the chaser/cuelist (infinite hold) by its #
Step through is possible with the help of external input of the next/prev buttons in the cue list widget. Select one scene is possible by associating the scene to a button and use the OSC message as external input for the button. Again, this is documented in the documentation.

Regards,
siegmund
ceisner

Hello to everyone here. I'm also new to qlc+ and trying to do the same thing as pheldal. We want to use our setlist-manager app (onsong) to control the light, and have only one button to switch to the next song part.
The idea to use one frame with a cue list in each for every single song, is not really practical for us, since we have about 300 Songs.
I think the virtual console will be very crowded. Also multipage frames are also not practical since we can't switch to a dedicated page with midi.
The ideal solution would be, if we could load the cue list widget with a dedicated cue list for each song by a midi message.
So we have only one Widget and the poor musician, who is controlling the light, could see, what the next step is. I know, that we can use buttons for each song to enable a cue list, but I want to see the next step in the list.

By the way, using a cue list for controlling the light is also a little complicated. I like the way, how different Lights are controlled in the show manager (e.g. one track for moving lights and one track for par) but sadly the show manager is only time driven and there is no way to jump to a dedicated position within the show by pushing a button (as in the cue list).

It would be kind, if someone could give me a hint on how to setup qlc+ for our purpose. Perhaps, I'm missing something.
siegmund

ceisner wrote: Also multipage frames are also not practical since we can't switch to a dedicated page with midi.
This will be possible in the next release. Only problem is that a frame is limited to 100 pages.