Fading time behaviour and accuracy

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
bix

Hi,
I'm involved in the effort of transferring some shows from my controller ( behringer lc2412) to qlc ( Win xp, vers.4.10.5b- enttec promk2 ).

First I capture all the scenes in sequence .
Then I organize them in a chaser.
Then I manually copy fade times from the chaser inside the lc2412 to the chaser inside qlc+ typing values by keyboard.

Please consider that lc2412 has got only fade IN time for each cue so what I've done is to set the same value either as fade in of a step and the same value as fade out of the precedent step in the chaser.

The result: fade transitions in qlc are slower then in lc2412.

So I guess :
- maybe my procedure is not correct and I have to leave a zero value in fade out fields? In this case what could happen ( for instance a channel at full would fall abruptely at zero if zero is his value in the next step ?)

- is there a possibility to tune the "timing" of qlc+? I read some topics about Master Timer but probably it's not a tool to handle timing behaviour... If it exists I could tune qlc to match exactly my old shows..

Thank you for any help.
janosvitok

Fade in is added to duration, but not fade out.

I.e. Fade in + hold = duration; fade out starts after hold finishes.

So maybe you need to subtract fade out from hold/duration time.

Master timer is unrelated thing: it is a timer in QLC+ that ticks 50 times a second, and on each tick computes a new state of universes.

Off topic: I have LC2412 as well. Once I had an idea to reverse engineer the format of the compact flash, so that QLC+ could directly read the scenes/chasers from the card,
and/or create shows tp play directly from LC2412. I never started that so I can't tell how feasible it is. I can only say that It would take a lot of time for sure.
bix

Thank you so much for your kind reply!
It would be fantastic if you could be able to read ( and edit) what is inside the memory card of lc2412...
In the meanwhile I ask you some other explanations: cues in my chaser are all with infinite hold time so I can trigger it manually following the play.
So, if I understand fading behaviour, probably I have to set zero at every fade out because fade out is not what I'm looking for ( an infinite duration never ends ). Right?

About fade in: to match for example 10 seconds of lc2412 fade in what is the value I have to type inside qlc? 10 seconds? It is possible that fade in now as I programmed is influenced by the fade out of the previous cue?
( maybe when I trigger a cue my impulse triggers also the fade out of the previous one and they sum together...??..)

Thanks a lot.