Submaster workaround and external input

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Thorben84

Hello dear community,

I'm using QLC v.4.10.4 on a Windows computer with an ENTTEC DMX USB Pro Mk2 interface.
I've run into two problems for my current project:

1. The submaster, as written in a lot of posts here, doesn't work by itself and doesn't seem to have been fixed in various updates. I've read about more-or-less workarounds, but I haven't found the solution I need for my project:
My devices setup consists of two universes for fixtures (Universe 1 LEDs, Universe 2 dimmers). A 3rd universe serves as an input universe for receiving input via MIDI to switch from one collection to another.
I have mainly two frames in the VC, #1 contains all used 77 collections. A collection consists usually of 2 scenes, one scene per universe. Frame #2 shows all scenes(!) of the 2nd universe, the "dimmer universe".
How can I put a "workaround submaster" into this 2nd frame, which I set to... let's say 50% and every time I activate a collection(!) in the first frame, the scene from the 2nd universe/2nd frame will be displayed with 50% of its original value?
I hope my writing makes sense here, I'm not a native English speaker ;).

2. External input: I would like to use a simple 6-Channel DMX controller as a "fader wing" to control one or several submasters. I've connected it to the input of my ENTTEC interface, and while the supplied software recognizes the input values correctly, QLC doesn't seem to recognize the input at all. I've fiddled around with the Input/Output tab quite a lot, and while MIDI inputs are not a problem for me, I just can't get the DMX controller to work with QLC. I even tried to create an input profile, but again, no recognition from QLC, even in wizard mode. Where is my mistake?

Hope somebody can help me with this :)

Greetings from Germany
Thorben
bix

Hi,
Try to install revision B of version 4.10.5.
I had no input at all with revision A on my enttec usb pro mk2, but this version seems to fix the bug. You should be able to see the joystick icon appear at every input gesture, in the input tab on the left side of the screen ( where the universes Patching are ).
Please keep in touch because I'm not really aware about reliability of input management of promk2 by qlc+. Have you some success with midi through this device?
Thorben84

Hey,

also 4.10.5b had no effect. And I read something in the manual - any of the two ports can be used only as out- OR input, not both at the same time, which is what I was looking for. So I need to find a MIDI controller etc. after all.
Thorben84

Oh and btw I haven't used the MIDI feature of the interface, I just run MIDI internally through QLC which works quite fine (receive).