QLC+ control of WEMO or similar switches

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
poh

Is there a way for QLC+ to control the on/off function of low cost WEMO or similar WiFi or gateway enabled switches? Situation: Our church uses QLC+ on a PC with Entec DMX dongle. Works great for DMX controllers and LED lights but during the holidays the ladies decorate with Christmas lights around and on the stage plugging these into available outlets forcing me or my co-workers to trip around the church finding all the plugs and activating the lights or after service discovering that some have been left on when we turn the house lights off via QLC+. Sure would be nice to control everything from one console. Needs to be very low cost and wireless. Appreciate suggestions and ideas.
Thanks....
kenm

Hi poh,

Since these are only used for a short time during the holidays I'd recommend keeping this function separate from your lighting console. Since WEMO requires a WiFi network to operate I'd stay away from that as well just to reduce complexity. I'd probably go with Z-Wave modules since these can be controlled using a standalone, handheld controller. You would add each module to the Z-Wave network with the handheld controller being the primary network controller. Once the modules are added to the network you can put them all into a Z-Wave scene within the controller and then turn the scene on or off using the handheld controller. Once the holidays are over you remove the modules and pack them away along with the handheld controller until they are needed again.

Hope this helps,
--Ken