Ch.Modifier and other advices to create versatile shows

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
bix

Hi, I am a new entry.
First of all I would like to apologize for my English and thank all qlcplus developers for their work and for the great kindness to listen to feedbacks.
I chose this platform primarily for its versatility but also for the proximity demonstrated by those who constantly improves it.

I'm another one of those tiring ‘theater guys' and my purpose is to gradually replace my LC2412 with which I control almost exclusively traditional headlights (dimmer)
I finally found a good companion in version 10.5b that response to the pro mk2 Enttec usb interface that works both as DMX in that as DMX out and that sooner or later I will test for midi.
For now I use an old laptop compaq 510 with WinXP but I will also use mac later.

I am going to grab the sequences (chase) stored in the LC2412 and then modify them and then play them back over qlcplus in Web mode or via Osc.
Before doing it I ask for help to anyone who can give me about several precautions that may affect the creation of my workspace:

1. Is there a way to capture the incoming DMX signal flow including fade timing rather than import levels and then manually enter the fade times?

2. it is possible to configure the passtrough in ltp mode instead of htp? ( so ​​that I should not reset the channels at each step during import)

3. the most important thing: what I am going to do is: (- import all my scenes in sequence - assign fade times to scenes - create a chaser and then reproduce through cue list.)
I wonder if there is some trick to evaluate while importing values, in order to obtain the maximum versatility in case I’d want to later modify what I have created.

Let me explain: I often find myself in the situation of having to adapt a show in other places.
I saw that there is a very useful tool to change the patching very quickly.
But often I find myself to replace a fixture with a completely different one, both in terms of distance and power (for example, where I used a 1000W pc at 3 meters I have to use a 2000W at 10 meters) ... if not even to use an intelligent head instead of a traditional one.

Is there a tool (or any of you have studied some workarounds) to tell qlcplus: 'Ok boy! It does that for this time my channel one instead of being a PC 1000w at full is a PC 2000w to 50 percent ‘?

Maybe is the CHANNEL MODIFIER the tool I’m looking for?

I suspect it's a request somewhat abstruse, and I have no pretensions about it ... just hope that someone knows how to find a trick to facilitate my goal!
I beg to ask it because, in my ignorance, I have the vague hope that somehow this is possible .. I think to a kind of 'limiter' or 'compander' that allows you to scale the values ​​available as it’s typical when working on midi sequences in a audio DAW : just setting a maximum value beyond which a channel should stop may be useful for this purpose.
Also some hope comes to me from seeing in a mythical Massimo’s tutorial how easily you can for example tell qlc: 'Ok boy! We do that for today the center stage is that! ‘ simply importing the position value through the capture dmx tool.

For this reason I decided to write to you: because maybe, instead of capturing my cues as simple scenes, it might be useful to save them as ‘more complex objects' easier to edit later.

I hope to be able to explain my intentions.
Otherwise please let these daydreams flow in the forum creek.
Best wishes.
janosvitok

Channel modifiers can do that for you. You can map input/output values anyway you want: you can do 1:2 curve (i.e. full on input is 50% on output, limiter (e.g. anything above 50% is only 50%), preheat (anything below let's say 5% is mapped to 5% the rest is 1:1).

You can even wrap around values (useful for adjusting moving head positions: 0-80% maps to 20%-100%, 80-100% maps to 0-20%).

If you want to use multiple modifiers (e.g. exponential response + preheat + limit) you have to prepare it yourself. QLC+ allows to use only one curve.
bix

Thank you so much for the kind and fast answer.
Soon I'll jump in the water and try to swim.
For now your suggestion is what I was primarily looking for.
Great.
Bye.