APC40, Midi Feedback & Frame Page Issues

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
anthonystone

Hi Everyone,

I've had a look online and through the forum but haven't come across the issue/solution as yet, and hopefully I'm just doing something wrong.

I'm using the latest version of QLC+ on a Windows PC with an APC40 (doesn't matter if it's my laptop, or one of my desktops).

I've added a fixture and created some scenes. I add a frame and add some buttons and map them to my APC40 (with feedback), then enable pages.

For testing purposes I've mapped scene 1 to button 1 on page 1, Scene 2 to button 2 on page two, Scene 3 to button 3 on Page 3 and so on (to page 6)

The issue I'm experiencing is...

If i press button 1 on page one it lights up as expected. If i move forward to page 2, button 1 goes blank (again as expected) and then press button 2, button two lights up as expected. Now, if i go between pages 1 & 2 the buttons light up as per the page i am on. Everything works perfectly.

However From Page 2 to Page 3, i would expect button two to go blank (but it stays on) and if i press button 3 on page 3 i would expect it to light up (but it doesn't) this happens for each page after page 2.
The other thing i have noticed is on screen everything is working perfectly. If i press Button 3, on Page 3. It activates on screen, just not on the APC40

Any thought's or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Anthony :)
Mehovoric

Hi Anthony,

Having trouble following your description. Could you upload your project file? I have the APC40 mk2, I'll see if I can replicate it. Thanks!
anthonystone

Hi Mehovroic,

Thanks for looking at this for me and sorry for the explanation. It is a little hard to explain.

I've looked a little further into to it also and found a few interesting things so I'll upload 3 files.

File 1 - I've created the first page in the frame and mapped the buttons with feedback. Then "enabled" 6 pages on the frame. This has automatically copied & mapped the buttons to the other pages.
Everything works, unless i go past page 2 there is no feedback to the APC40

File 2 - I've created the first page in the frame and enabled pages. Then I've gone through on all 6 pages and manually assigned each button on the APC40.
Everything Feeds back to the APC40 on all 6 Pages but pressing the buttons on the APC40 doesn't do anything.

File 3- I've created two Frames. 1 the same as File 1 and 1 the same as File 2. I've assigned the scrolling to left and right arrow buttons on the APC40.
Allowing both Frames to scroll with each other it seems to work.

Hopefully when you see the files it will be a little clearer.

Thanks again.

Anthony.
Attachments
Feed Back Issues - File 3.qxw
(43.93 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Feed Back Issues - File 2.qxw
(23.2 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Feed Back Issues - File 1.qxw
(23.2 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Mehovoric

Interesting concepts. I never thought of that kind of configuration to implement pages or banks. If you setup solo frames within the main frame you could build multi-page color pickers, or if you did a solo master frame, one could do different color tones per page ... sorry thinking out loud here.

Unfortunately I was not able to replicate this on my Mk2. The differences between the original APC40 and the 40 Mk2 are actually quite vast on the MIDI side. Instead of different MIDI channels per column, everything on the 40 Mk2 are on CH 1, and the rest of the midi channels are for assigning LED effects like pulsing and flashing; the button feedback value is for color assignment only, no effects.

That said your setup worked perfectly for me. Hope you don't mind that I steal your ideas for future projects! haha. Your configs though looked ok to me. Haven't figured out if there's any noticeable difference to operating in note velocity vs control change mode. Maybe play around with that or try different modes on the Akai, your init mode is set to 2 so maybe try mode 1 or 0? And then does it do the same thing in solo frames?

Hopefully someone with an actual APC40 original will come by and see what it does for them. Afraid I'm not of much use here. Sorry!
anthonystone

haha. No problem.

It hasn't really made any difference working in note velocity or control change mode. I did come across some info on changing the mode of the APC40 but gave up as i was not sure on how to do that. (will be doing a little research ;) ) Thanks for looking into it though and if i figure it out I'll post further. :) Thanks again.