Color Pallette - Master Color

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Philipp

Hi guys,

loving qlc+ as it's easy to use, runs on all plattforms and is free. Big thx for that to the programmer(s) and everybody that puts his time into the project.

My question:

I have generated just color scenes for fixtures (wash, spot, uplights) so i can pick their colors individually. Is it possible to programm a 'master' scene that overwrites these seperate color scenes, so everything is colored the same, but if I want to color one group differently, it works again? (Similar to the color pallette on a Grandma 2)

I tried this, but I didn't succeed so far.

Secondly, can I use more than one imput device per universe, for example, Akai APC mini and osc input in the same, preferably even with feedback back to them. I get them working just fine separately, but can't figure out how to merge them.

Appreciate your help guys.
siegmund

Hey,

I can only help you with the second question. You'll need the loopback plugin for this. Please have a look at this post, point 4: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10595&p=45759#p45788

Regards,
siegmund
djmg

Hey Philipp,
So I think I understand what you are going for possibly. I am doing a similar thing, where I have 5 different types of fixtures. I wanted the ability to control each type of fixture independently, yet still be able to hit one button, and have all fixtures snap to that color, yet also be able to change one type after I had selected an "all" color.
I will attach a screenshot to show how I did mine.
I created a solo frame for each fixture type, within each frame is the colors supported by that fixture. I also created a solo frame for the "all fixtures" buttons.
Now each color button that is in the "all fixtures" frame is just a collection. The collection has each fixtures color scene within it. So the "red" master contains the "red" scene for each type of fixture. Since it is a solo frame, it wont allow more than one color, and since each fixture has its own solo frame containing that scene, it wont allow more than one color to be selected (which is what i wanted).
Once I have selected an "all fixtures" color, I can easily select a different color for just one type of fixture, and the rest stay with the master. But If i hit another master color, the currently selected color is removed (since they are all within solo frames) and the other color takes over.
Does that make any sense? I can attach more screenshots if you would like.
colors.PNG
Philipp

You two are awesome.
Big big thanks, I will try it all out tonight, the loopback and inputs may take me a while to fully understand, but I'll hopefully figure it out.
As far as the screenshot goes, the color pallette was exactly what I was going for.

Philipp