Show based on audio file and click

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
TheEvolved

Hello everybody,
I need to create a musical show based on two audio files, one base sequence and one file containing the click to the drummer. Both audio files must be placed in output on two separate audio channels but played simultaneously. Based on these audio files is necessary to build the show lights. The whole show will be then made of the two audio files and the sequences for the lights, all reproduced synchronously and simultaneously. QLC+ allows to do this? If yes, how to do? Alternatively, what advice can you give me to realize this working flow?
Thank you very much in advance.
OddSocks

Yes you can do this.

When you make a show add your two audio files in different tracks. then when you hi-light the audio track you can select the audio output device.
TheEvolved

Thank you for the answer and sorry for late reply, but I try to use qlc+ now.
I mean: I have one only audio device with multiple aux (multiple outs) and I would send the two audio file outputs each to one single aux. Is it possible in qlc+ select the appropriate output channel (aux) of a specific output audio device? Thanks a lot.
smaniand

Hi.
I think you'll need two software.
a DAW (like cubase) in order to send to the drummer the audio sample + the click (of course).
The same software must also send to the audience only the sample file (of course the audience wont need the click)
This could be done by routing the two tracks on different outputs of your sound card.
Then, you have to program the DAW software to send MIDI signals to QLC+ in order to change the scene/chase whenever you want during the playback.
As there is no "real" midi connection (as the two software are no-hardware device, and they cannot be connected with a REAL midi cable) you'll need to use loopbe as fake-virtual midi device.
Ciao
Andrea
Codeweasel

Hello,
I am new here and have noticed this thread as being exactly the same as I am trying to achieve. Interestingly, I am *very* close to a result but it seems that QLC+ will not select different audio outputs for different audio tracks.

I have a HP laptop connecting to a Behringer FCA1610 which provides 5 x stereo audio outputs (1+2, 3+4 and so on). All of these outputs are visible in QLC+ and if I create two audio tracks in Show Manager, it appears I can assign freely each track to any of the outputs, but when I save the show and go back into it, both audio tracks are assigned to the output that I selected last.

Is this a bug or a limitation?

I do hope it can be resolved as this would mean I can run my band's entire AV show (including video) from QLC+ rather than having to use Cubase and Freestyler. As the OP suggests, we need to have a click track running to our drummer and a separate synchronised stereo audio output sent to the PA for playback of samples and incidental keyboard parts.

Thanks in advance!
Graham
www.elysiumsky.org
TheEvolved

Few days ago I tried two audio files in two show tracks and it was possible to assign one file to built-in audio device and the other file to external audio device, I believed found the right solution. I try tomorrow the same settings, but now here the same problem, settings output devices are unpredictable, settings are lost when close and switch to another qlc window. What's happens?
Thank you.