Momentary Triggering

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
djmg

Hey Guys, I have been using QLC plus for years now. This software is amazing in many ways, and we are now using QLC Plus for lighting control of large EDM events, spanning multiple universes, and over a hundred fixtures, mostly moving heads.
So recently, we came to a show where we did not have halogen or LED crowd blinders. The LED crowd blinders we are used to, have a built in dimming curve that gives them the illusion of halogen. So instead, we are having to use some white/amber LED Pars. Only issue here, is that we do not have that smooth "dimming" when they are triggered from the software. We are using a scene with the LED's at full brightness for the blinders.
I saw where you can set a "fade in and fade out" for a specific scene, however, if on the virtual console, you set the scene to "flash" for momentary, it ignores the fade in and out. We currently are using a fader, but would like to transition this to a button to free up the fader.
Does anyone know of a good way to achieve this using a momentary button?

Since I am on that same momentary subject. I also wondered if there was a way with the current software to trigger a chaser with a momentary button? For example, I have a chaser that effects the dimmer channel of my moving heads, to create a "multi strobe" effect. However, I currently have to hit the button once to trigger it, then again to stop it. I would like to be able to have this chaser active only when i am holding down a button.

Just wondering if I am missing something functionality wise.
Thanks!
OddSocks

Hi,
What you could try is using a chaser.

Make a second scene with the blinders off.

Then build a chaser with the blinders on as the first steep and the blinders off as the second step.

Set the run order to single shot, and the fade out and step duration to "per step"

Set the hold on the Blinder on step to say 10mS and the fade out time to 500mS.

Create a button on the virtual console and link it to the chaser.

Hope that helps.
willmodelisme

I use the same method but for longer duration for a heating cooking plate that heat smoke salt (amazing smoke quality).

Set as explained above but you can use only one step of you full white scene, single shot, with according fade in and fade out time ( play with the ms).
Then link your chaser to a button in the VC.
Enttec DMX USB Pro
Windows 10
djmg

So the chaser is what I am currently using to achieve this, but again, it only stays on as long as the "hold" time. I was wanting it to stay on as long as i am holding down the button.
I guess if i were to summarize this question down, I would ask. Why when you set a fade in/out time within a Scene, does the virtual console "flash" button feature ignore the fade times?