Node-Based QLC+Network with synchronized Virtual Consoles

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
mEon

Is it possible to synchronize multiple (independent) QLC+ instances e.g. via ArtNetPlugin (Input=Output from another QLC+)?
I'm trying to realize it on multiple Raspberries, but in case of the topic's universality maybe this is the wrong forum?

Situation:
in the example i use only Universe 1 to simplify
  • every QLC instance has loaded the same (similar) show (e.g. via centralized ftp/sftp/nfs shared show folder)
  • QLC instance 1 sends Output (Universe 1) via ArtNet Plugin
  • QLC instance 2 receives ArtNet Data via ArtNet Plugin (input, no passthrough)
  • Instance n receives Artnet Data from Instance m and sends it to DMX Interface (ArtNet, USB, RS485, ...)
My aim is that every Instance's Virtual Console reacts on changes on The network, so The ArtNet output of Instance n has to be thrown back to every Instance available on the Route - let's call it DuplexArtNet .
I Already tried to connect two Virtual Consoles via ArtNet input but didn't find any chance to (in my actual state of python knowledge).

Many of you will now think: "Use the webserver, idiot" - this is my plan B, but i'd like to give it a try because of
one simple benefit of the "DuplexArtNet":
  • Different QLC Instances might have different UserInterfaces and Functionality, while
  • usage of the Webserver Mode means every Instance (Person) has the same Lighting Desk.
Does anybody see a hint for my experiment?

Best regards and thanks in advance,
mEon
plugz

Hello,

You're right, it's not rpi specific, so I moved the topic to another place :)

I'm not sure I fully understand what you want to do, can you elaborate ? With a schematic of the different QLC+ instances for example ?
mEon wrote:I Already tried to connect two Virtual Consoles via ArtNet input but didn't find any chance to (in my actual state of python knowledge).
Why do you need python for this ?
mEon wrote:Does anybody see a hint for my experiment?
A what stage are you right now ? Do you have issues with basic Virtual Console control via ArtNet ?
mEon

I now got some experience with 1 single instance of QLC on raspi3, maybe i simplify the scenario for understanding:

Can QLC+ instance 1 (Output = IP of QLC instance 2)
remote control with updated faders etc the QLC instance 2 (Input = IP of QLC instance 1) ?