Dump to scene

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
EarthBlu

Good day all
I seem to be doing something wrong. I am using QLC+ 4.10.4, Ubuntu 12.04, on a Dell Inspiron E1705. Externally I have a Pathway Cognito DMX-> into a ENTTEC DMX USB PRO interface (set to pass-through) Output is via ENTTEC OPEN DMX Ethernet to my stage lights, mostly single channel dimmers but I have 8 Blizzard RGBA Pucks. The Cognito has a very nice feature for creating color spreads across the 8 pucks. My desire is to record these to buttons in QLC+, to be triggered by my APC40.

I dial up a nice looking spread, I see the values both in DMX Monitor & on Simple Desk, as well as seeing them on stage

I click the DMX to Function button at the top light of the program

A "Dump DMX Values" window opens, I select "Dump selected Channels" and click the appropriate fixtures, regardless of if I choose "select an existing scene to overwrite" or "Add to: Button" the appropriate selected channels are created, but all DMX values are at 0

Any help would be very much appreciated

Best
Pete (EarthBlu)
jgbhof

I hope someone can answer this, I posted a similar question about the same issue and there was no reply.
janosvitok

It's fixed in the git. You need to wait for the next version or until Massimo fires another git build on OBS (Pete is using ubuntu as is jgbhof).

Until then, you may try this (not tested):

Create a bunch of VC faders in level mode, assign one to each patched channel, and set external input to related input channel.
You may keep passthrough enabled or not. If everything goes well, the faders will recreate the scene from input.

Pete, how far did you get compiling QLC+? (Re: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10169&p=44280#p44379)
jgbhof

I compiled the new version with this fixed and tried it out and dumping scenes from passthrough now works! Big thanks janosvitok!
janosvitok

Great!
EarthBlu

I also wanted to thank you!!!! I compiled QLC+ with the newest version and dump to scene works I can't tell you how happy this makes me

Thank you!!
GregMcC

Hi Guys - According to the manual - what I am doing should work and it would be incredibly useful for our current and all future productions.

I have numbered buttons ( Scenes ) for example 101 ( Act 1 Scene 1 ) - each button is controlling it's pertinent scene ( 101 ). I hoped to just be able to dump the DMX values of the sliders on the right ( of the JPGs enclosed ) onto the scene.

But when I select a RED to put ON ( but it isn't currently included in Scene 101 - I can't seem to select the "All" option to include it - it merges the existing DMX values with the values that are currently configured in the scene - but any new ones are not included. It does look like it should work.

Just for clarity the channel I dumping ( as a test ) was the 02_Foots_Red ( and you can see that there is a little TICK in the appropriate place ). What I am doing wrong ?

Thanks

Greg
QLC+ 4.10.5b on Win7 machine

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/132 ... ingRed.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/132 ... Result.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/132 ... Manual.JPG