Controlling RGB Decoder- (LED Strip Lighting)

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
bojoubb

So We are working with standard 5050 LED RGB Strip Lighting for a stage lighting design. All is wired up properly and I can get it functioning with a standard Analog DMX Chauvet Controller. However For whatever reason I can not get them to be controlled by the Q Light Computer program controller. I have also tried to use "Show Express by Chauvet to control the lights as well, but nothing is seeming to work. I have tried all different DMX Addresses, and trouble shooted any wiring problems. It all is working really great until i try and use the computer program. Both computer programs that ive tried are both currently controlling other lighting universes so I believe it mihgt just be a problem with building the right type of fixture in the programs but i must be missing something. PLEASE HELP!

Link to Decoder
https://www.amazon.com/Decoder-Controll ... 9AJ9V394VR
GGGss

bojoubb wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:14 pm Both computer programs that ive tried are both currently controlling other lighting universes so I believe it mihgt just be a problem with building the right type of fixture in the programs but i must be missing something.
This simply smells like a DMX-adapter problem.

And to be honnest - 'both controlling other lighting universes' <- what do you mean? A DMX adapter equals 1 universe equals 1 physical DMX line
and "it might just be a problem with building ..." <- NO ... your Led driver is actually to be seen as a 12ch generic dimmer. So it is listening to 12 adresses setup with the DIP switches.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
bojoubb

Thanks for your response!

You are right, the DMX box only controls 1 Universe. We also tried the Chauvet DMX converter to no avail. By DMX adapter, we do have a 5pin to 3pin adapter coming off the a Entec USB-DMX Open Box. It, so far, has been working with out LED par cans and LED bars (Stage Ape Barriers). Whenever I try to set it on DMX address 1 and control it with the simple desk nothing happens. I set it as a generic 12 channel fixture and throw up the faders and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? :(