RGB Matrix - Script for Choosing Color?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ethanm3

Hello! I have a project coming up, and I'm wondering if I should use QLC+ or a different program. Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a matrix of 36x20 RGB pixels, and I want a script to make each pixel change color every second, choosing 1 of maybe 4 different colors, or blank. So have a script that says "Randomly assign color 1, 2, 3, 4 or no color" for each individual pixel, that refreshes all pixels every 1 second.

Is this something that is possible with QLC+? With scripts maybe, or using a Raspberry Pi? Is there a different program that could make this happen?

Thanks!

Ethan Moses
Savory Lighting Design
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com
siegmund

Hey,

for one channel/fixture this is definitely possible with scripts and loopback. Since there are no for-loops possible in the scripts yet, you have to copy & paste this to all of your ~700 pixels which you probably don't want.

If you have some programming knowledge you can also write your own pattern script for the RGB matrix.
ethanm3 wrote:or using a Raspberry Pi?
Using Raspberry Pi everything is possible ;) Just depends on how much you are willing to fiddle around with it...

Regards,
siegmund