Aha I see ...
Well you have to be able to output something to the loopback-output and attach the loopback-input to the control.
I have changed your project and you find it attached.
Steps to take:
* make 2 dummy fixtures in Universe 2 fi. a dimmer on U2.ch1 and U2.ch2
* make 2 dummy-cues with those fixtures and set it's sending value to 255.
* have these cue's set in the buttons below the XY's
* now have the Universe 2 to output to loopback 1
* the same has to be done so that universe 1 gets it input from loopback1
* Crowd XY
- preset : it has to be configured so this preset is called by input loopback1 - channel 1 (tricky thing is to manually enter 1)
* Stage XY
- preset : preset has to be called by loopback1 - channel 2 (enter 2 manually)
I took the liberty to change the behaviour of the knobs to 'flash' - easier to watch what happens...
and maybe to understand it better this symbolic
flash-buton -> sends 255 to loopback 1.ch1 (via cue on dummy_U2.Lpb1) -> get inputted to Universe 1 and coupled to the preset-knob in the Crowd
Easy? Not exactly but I tend to think in telephony-terms. Extension 1 in areacode 2
calls to switchboard
with message 'deliver 255 to areacode 1
coming from ext.1
' - the switchboard
in areacode 2
delivers message to areacode 1
. Extension XY-Crowd
is listening to messages coming from areacode2-ext.1
and get the message with payload 255.
In this analogy you have to change the underlined words Extension = channel, areacode = Universe and messageboard with loopback
If you have additional questions: - Shoot
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escape from machines... they don't work anymore