Want to use Mac, ENTEC USB PRO MK2, and touch screen monitor

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
nickyl

Hey Hi

I currently use a windows system with my Entec USB PRO MK2 and a touch screen monitor.

I am opening a new theatre and want to use a mac so I can add QLab on it. But I'm stumped when trying to figure out what touch screen will work with a mac
I don't need the stuff on the mac to be touch screen I just want to make sure QLC will work with mac software and a touch screen.
Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
Love QLC!!
diesessash

Yap, should work.
kchroma

Funny you should ask that question. I just purchased and tested out a cool modification for iMac's, that turn them into a touch screen option.

Google: Zorro Macsk. I purchased product version #3. It comes from China, works well with QLC+, and turns buttons and to some extent sliders into smooth touch mode with your finger.

My usage for QLC+ is more corporate, TV production and event lighting. I have no experience using QLC+ for weddings, parties and Disco ( Yeah I know this dates me, as no one calls it disco anymore). So I'm not sure how this would function for complex lighting boards some of you design with OLC+

The caveat to using this product is the OSX must be Yosemite and higher for smooth operation. Regardless of what their advertising says, it's a pain to try and add their software to your iMac to make the touch screen run smoothly with Maverick OSX.
nickyl

Thanks Kchroma

I got the Mac Mini and hooked it up to my friends Asus touch screen and it did not work. But i did get the mac to work with QLC. That was an all day job since it included learning how to use the Terminal. But it's working flawlessly and I'm giddy. I'll look into this Zorro Macsk. Thanks for the info.