random behavior of lights

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
djfons

hi guys ,
i bought myself a enttec dmx usb pro mk2 to control qlc+(nice program btw :D )
did a lot of reading and watching tutorials but i ran into a bit of problem.
When i control the fixtures separate there is no problem (via the scenes tab)
all together in the scenes tab is also ok .
the problems start as soon as i make some buttons in console.
at first all goes well but after a (short) period of time it seems that all is scrambled .
for instance when i want a red scene (all red) there are lights moving to the music and others are blue etc..
what am i doing wrong here
some help is welcome.
running a macbook pro with el capitan 10.11.4
enttec dongle is updated to last version of firmware
included is the file that use
thanx in advance
Attachments
all.qxw
(8.39 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
mlohrey

Hi djfons,

I had a quick look at your workspace and it seems OK. (Just a note for next time, please bundle any custom fixtures with your post as this helps when trouble shooting sometimes)

You have to remember that when buttons aren't in a solo frame they will remain active until clicked off.

Also when when the same channel is address by two buttons (or scenes etc) then the highest (value) takes priority (HTP). You have to take some care when designing your lighting scenes and remember that the order in which you activate the buttons will affect the outcome. This may have been the cause of the lighting changes you observed.

It is very handy to have the dmx output window open when you are testing at it allows you to see what information is being sent to the fixtures.

Cheers

Mark
djfons

mlohrey wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:11 am
Also when when the same channel is address by two buttons (or scenes etc) then the highest (value) takes priority (HTP).
Does this have an effect when there are buttons in a solo frame , from my inderstanding ,when you toggle a button in a solo frame it will turn off the dmx signal witch was on and turn on the dmx signal from the button/key wich was pressed last ?
When i look at the simple desk it is as if there are faders that are “left behind” as in the previous state they were in , wich results in chaos , this is in a solo frame as well as outside a solo frame
Hope someone gets what i mean 😬
Tnx
GGGss

Fonny,

if a scene or whatever was fired through the solo-panel -> it will reset; if a scene or whatever is fired outside the solo - it won't reset (though you think you can stop it by pressing another button in the solo - it won't)

If you don't instruct a channel to go zero - it will stay at the last value... That is - depending on HTP (HIGHest take priority) or LTP (LATEST take priority) setting of the channel.
so intensity is always HTP, positions and gobo's, ... are set to LTP (in normal cases)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore