QLC+ and TRAKTOR Dj program

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
Ruifa

Hi everyone!

i need some help about one thing, i plan to use QLC+ for my lights using my macbook pro keyboard letters and numbers but also using a Dj program TRAKTOR at same time.... the problem is that when i m using TRAKTOR i can't use the letter or numbers commands because Traktor is selected !!! i have to toggle to QLC+ to activate the program and use press the key for the lights scene change... is there any way to make QLC+ always responding (active) to keyboard letters at the same time im using TRAKTOR with my mouse and usb controller ?
So have the 2 programs active ?

QLC+ macbook pro letters and numbers

TRAKTOR Dj -- mouse and USB dj controller

Any ideas please ?

Best regards to all ! :)

Ruifa
Chris De Rock

Can you use a MIDI-controller for QLC+? I use the AKAI APC mini: http://www.akaipro.de/apc-mini and it works great.
Ruifa

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply, i know but i would like to avoid another extra piece of gear , is there any way to make QLC+ "selected" even when im using TRAKTOR with my my touch pad and usb controller ?

Soon i touch TRAKTOR for select a new music the keyboard of the Macbook pro no longer react to QLC+ keys.... i have to "touch" again QLC+ so it respond to keys.... im trying to know if there is any way to overcome this...

Best regards

Ruifa
Chris De Rock

OSX sends all keyboard input to the current active application. if QLC+ is in background it cannot receive any key commands. the solution is to have any other input sources (for example the midi controller). maybe your dj-controller can also send midi signals? would it be an option for you to use some knobs/faders you dont use regularly to control the light?
Ruifa

Hi Chris,

Ill try with my midikeyboard, maybe i can make it work sending note numbers in midi or with some faders i have in my keyboard.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Ruifa