Ableton Live 8 - OSX - QLC+ issue

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
spannermatic

Hi,
I need the help of you brilliant people, I have been working on this for ages, my problem is that I finally got my ultra dmx working with QLC+ using my MKP mini keyboard, then my next mission was to get midi from ableton Live 8 to trigger QLC+, after much messing around I got ableton to trigger the joystick(QLC) and my lights unfortunately its only sending midi from what I guess is the click track(even though its not turned on), so its flashing 4 on the floor beat but doesnt react to any midi notes im sending, nor does the keyboard work via ableton, I have watched every video and read as much as I can find but this issue does not come up. I feel that im so close to the finishing point and cannot wait to get going with this amazing software, I have attached a screenshot of everything I can find settings - thank you, any help would be so appreciated as I have run out of ideas
spannermatic-screenshot.jpg
siegmund

Hey,

as soon as you get the joystick in the In/Out Tab, you can assign external inputs to widgets in the virtual console (use auto detect).
spannermatic

Thank you for the reply, qlc+ is receiving the clicktrack from ableton (I can see the joystick pulsing away in 4/4) but im getting no midi from the ableton midi clip or the midi keyboard via ableton live, does that make sense. I went in virtual console , set up a button but auto detect did not receive anything via ableton either.
spannermatic

Hey!!!!!

Problem solved thanks to Ableton Live support staff, in Preferences/ Midi I had midi port outport for IAC driver set to "Sync" not "Track".

There has been a lot of head scratching setting this up, so if you are having issues with the same set up as me please feel free to ask me questions, QLC+ deserves a great community.