Video on Mac full screen blanks other windows

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
janosvitok

(Possible Cpt. Obvious :) ) If your friend can tell you the model #, most probably you can find manual on the net describing capabilities and interfaces.
You may post it here as well, maybe others will have an idea how to connect QLC+ to the projector.
ralbrightii

janosvitok wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 5:47 pm (Possible Cpt. Obvious :) ) If your friend can tell you the model #, most probably you can find manual on the net describing capabilities and interfaces.
You may post it here as well, maybe others will have an idea how to connect QLC+ to the projector.
Nice idea. It is a Mitsubishi NW31U-EST

So I was had an epihany, why not just launch VLC through a script with the necessary options outlined. Got that working BEAUTIFULLY. Went to add that script into a show.... not supported?? Can you not add scripts to shows? I mean while yes I can launch the video manually, and then trigger some of the other effects manually. I would prefer to be able to script all of the actions for these numbers. (That way my attention can be put to more important details during the performance, such as transferring mics to different actors and such...)
hjk

mlohrey wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 12:23 pm I did some experimentation using your method and it works quite well. I have never used qlc to trigger video. The only annoying issue is that the mac menu seems to be displayed went you set a window to have a space. Also the window containing the video doesn't seem to close when the video finishes.
Has anyone found out how to automatically close the window after the video? I have the problem that the next video then runs behind the window that is not closed and is therefore not visible.
Thanks in advance for any ideas!
ralbrightii

hjk wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:42 pm
mlohrey wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 12:23 pm I did some experimentation using your method and it works quite well. I have never used qlc to trigger video. The only annoying issue is that the mac menu seems to be displayed went you set a window to have a space. Also the window containing the video doesn't seem to close when the video finishes.
Has anyone found out how to automatically close the window after the video? I have the problem that the next video then runs behind the window that is not closed and is therefore not visible.
Thanks in advance for any ideas!
If memory serves, I used a script that invoked a taskkill command for all VLC instances. I believe the command was

Code: Select all

taskkill /IM "vlc.exe" /f
Hint, I just tested that from windows and command prompt and it did in fact kill the VLC program.

I believe for Mac that the command would be

Code: Select all

killall vlc
I cannot test this as I do not have my lighting computer handy at the moment. Hopefully this helps.

(Sorry if I am a bit vague I did post this 4 years ago. :D :D :D :D )